Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peter Jackson signs on for The Hobbit and its sequel

Featured Replies

Is the Hobbit a follow up to the LOTR or does it go in an entirely different direction?

Is the Hobbit a follow up to the LOTR or does it go in an entirely different direction?

 

The Hobbit is the prequel to LOTR.

 

In the begining of LOTR, we see Bilbo finding the ring in the cave... that's from the middle of his adventure in The Hobbit. A fantastic read.

I don't agree at all. I have read LOTR and enjoyed all three movies. I hate it when a movie leaves out so much of the book the movie doesn't make sense at times. People who have not read the Hobbit and watch the movie will find out why Gandalf was friends with the giant Eagles in the LOTR.

 

 

I am with you, an epic story deserves to be done on an epic scale. If you forced each film down to 2 hours at max then the story would have been seriously hindered. As it is, after having watched the extended cuts of the films I don't think I could bring myself to watch the theatrical releases again. They are just that much better in my opinion.

No there are five people that haven't seen this movie. You, the Pope, The Dali Lama, Osama Bin Laden, and Birdsfan.:p

 

 

And Rockmom! :lol:

^ I have never seen any of them either. Nor have I ever seen a Starwars movie.

 

 

Haven't seen Starwars either...Also have never seen a "Radiers of the Lost Ark" film.

Haven't seen Starwars either...Also have never seen a "Radiers of the Lost Ark" film.

 

God, that is just depressing.

I wish Peter Jackson would not direct The Hobbit. He needs to prove he can do other movies besides films in "Middle Earth". I fear he will end up like George Lucas where he will be great but will only ever do one set of films.

 

(Jackson has also done King Kong, Lucas also directed American Grafitti)

I wish Peter Jackson would not direct The Hobbit. He needs to prove he can do other movies besides films in "Middle Earth". I fear he will end up like George Lucas where he will be great but will only ever do one set of films.

 

(Jackson has also done King Kong, Lucas also directed American Grafitti)

 

 

Difference is of the original Trilogy Lucas only directed A New Hope. Empire and Jedi were both done by other directors, he co-wrote both scripts and produced them.

 

EPI-III were cinematic dungheaps of story telling flops and poor directing. Well grossing director, Lucas is definitely that, let's not make him out to be the best though.

The Hobbit is the prequel to LOTR.

 

In the begining of LOTR, we see Bilbo finding the ring in the cave... that's from the middle of his adventure in The Hobbit. A fantastic read.

The Hobbit is a great book. Tolkien wrote it in the 1930s. He was later involved in WW II. He wrote his trilogy of LOTR books after the war. They were very popular when I was in college in the 1970s. I read them all, and enjoyed all the movies when they were finally made. I think The Hobbit has the possibility of being the best of all of them, though. It's still my favorite Tolkien book.

I remember reading that Tolkien edited the Hobbit when he wrote the LOTR Trilogy because of something concerning Gollum and Bilbo.

I remember reading that Tolkien edited the Hobbit when he wrote the LOTR Trilogy because of something concerning Gollum and Bilbo.

 

Let's hope it has nothing to do with the Harry Potter incident :D:D

God, that is just depressing.

 

 

Don't feel bad! I feel I've lived a rich, fulfilled life, watching many other movies you most likely haven't seen! :D

Don't feel bad! I feel I've lived a rich, fulfilled life, watching many other movies you most likely haven't seen! :D

 

Ha, I highly doubt that.

The Hobbit is a great book. Tolkien wrote it in the 1930s. He was later involved in WW II. He wrote his trilogy of LOTR books after the war. They were very popular when I was in college in the 1970s. I read them all, and enjoyed all the movies when they were finally made. I think The Hobbit has the possibility of being the best of all of them, though. It's still my favorite Tolkien book.

 

I feel the same way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.