December 21, 200718 yr Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh will serve as Executive Producers of two films based on “The Hobbit.” New Line will manage the production of the films, which will be shot simultaneously. Peter Jackson and New Line have settled all litigation relating to the “Lord of the Rings” (LOTR) Trilogy. Said Peter Jackson, “I’m very pleased that we’ve been able to put our differences behind us, so that we may begin a new chapter with our old friends at New Line. ‘The Lord of the Rings’ is a legacy we proudly share with Bob and Michael, and together, we share that legacy with millions of loyal fans all over the world. We are delighted to continue our journey through Middle Earth. I also want to thank Harry Sloan and our new friends at MGM for helping us find the common ground necessary to continue that journey.” The two “Hobbit” films – “The Hobbit” and its sequel – are scheduled to be shot simultaneously, with pre-production beginning as soon as possible. Principal photography is tentatively set for a 2009 start, with the intention of “The Hobbit” release slated for 2010 and its sequel the following year, in 2011. http://www.moviehole.net/news/20071219_peter_jackson_doing_the_hobbit.html
December 21, 200718 yr Author Cool!! :thumb: I still haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings films, I know I'm only one of about 28 people in this world that hasn't seen them, but what can you do. :lol: For those that may be curious how the writers strike effects the production. The script for The Hobbit has been finished for quite some time now, the hold up has been the legal issues between Peter Jackson and New Line. With those problems apparently resolved, appears things are going to move forward quickly.
December 22, 200718 yr So is it going to be something like The Hobbit pt. 1 and pt. 2, or are they actually going to find some sort of story between The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings? I hate it when something is referred to as a sequel when it's just a continuation of the first story.
December 22, 200718 yr Author Unfortunately, Peter Jackson will not be directing. Yep, I made sure to carefully word the title of the thread. Who knows how much day to day control he will have on the operations. Bryan Singer was filming Superman around the same time Peter Jackson was directing King Kong in Australia. There was a production video on the Superman website where Bryan went to visit the set and Peter Jackson was so exhausted, he asked Bryan to direct a scene or two while Peter had an about an hour nap. :lol: I can imagine that Peter was thoroughly exhausted doing all three Rings films and the King Kong movie. I can see why he wouldn't want to sign himself on as director for another marathon film project.
December 22, 200718 yr I still haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings films, I know I'm only one of about 28 people in this world that hasn't seen them, but what can you do. :lol: For those that may be curious how the writers strike effects the production. The script for The Hobbit has been finished for quite some time now, the hold up has been the legal issues between Peter Jackson and New Line. With those problems apparently resolved, appears things are going to move forward quickly. No there are five people that haven't seen this movie. You, the Pope, The Dali Lama, Osama Bin Laden, and Birdsfan.
December 22, 200718 yr Author No there are five people that haven't seen this movie. You, the Pope, The Dali Lama, Osama Bin Laden, and Birdsfan. At least I'm in a rare, select group. :lol:
December 22, 200718 yr ^ I have never seen any of them either. Nor have I ever seen a Starwars movie.
December 22, 200718 yr Author ^ I have never seen any of them either. Nor have I ever seen a Starwars movie. No excuse for not at least seeing the first Star Wars trilogy, but that's okay you are busy watching line scores, betting lines or RFTABC or whatever that abbreviation was we couldn't figure out a few months ago. :lol:
December 22, 200718 yr Unfortunately, Peter Jackson will not be directing. Maybe this way it will be less than 12 hours long... My problem with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy was that it was a series of books on film, not movies. I know I'll catch some criticism for that comment, but that is the way I feel. If one wanted to read the books, one should read the books and not watch the movies. I think shorter movies (particularly the final movie) would have made it more enjoyable. My vote is for Peter Jackson never to make another movie unless he has Hollywood's most deletion happy editor right behind him. If you want all the details and a workout for the imagination, just read the books.
December 22, 200718 yr Maybe this way it will be less than 12 hours long... My problem with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy was that it was a series of books on film, not movies. I know I'll catch some criticism for that comment, but that is the way I feel. If one wanted to read the books, one should read the books and not watch the movies. I think shorter movies (particularly the final movie) would have made it more enjoyable. My vote is for Peter Jackson never to make another movie unless he has Hollywood's most deletion happy editor right behind him. If you want all the details and a workout for the imagination, just read the books. I don't agree at all. I have read LOTR and enjoyed all three movies. I hate it when a movie leaves out so much of the book the movie doesn't make sense at times. People who have not read the Hobbit and watch the movie will find out why Gandalf was friends with the giant Eagles in the LOTR.
December 22, 200718 yr ^ I have never seen any of them either. Nor have I ever seen a Starwars movie. I know a few people who haven't seen any of the above, but honestly you should give the original Star Wars trilogy a shot. Very entertaining, and I'm not even one of those huge Star Wars freaks (well, I guess it depends who you ask). The Lord of the Rings is a beautiful set of movies, but I can forgive you for passing them up... Return of the King was 50% over-emotional slow motion shots of people's faces. Seriously, it probably could've been an hour and a half movie if they had cut back on all of those.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.