Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeCoursy on UK....

Featured Replies

I would humbly disagree on that statement.:sssh:

Patterson and Lucas were in the bag and set to announce UK at the McDs game...

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Tubby saw both Meeks and Jasper getting hurt then decided to leave? Yes, UK would be better with everyone healthy but I would say they would still have three losses. Tubby is clearly a good coach that got a lot out of his players. BCG simply isn't getting as much out of the players as Tubby would. Thats JMO.

Did I mention Meeks and Jasper in my post?He would be in trouble with what he left for players this year without any injuries.My point is this,Tubby knew what was coming this year and he ran out before he had to deal with it.I am not complaining about him leaving.He wasn't run out of town,he left before this year and would have been run out of town for sure.:thumb:

Patterson and Lucas were in the bag and set to announce UK at the McDs game...

Yes I'm sure they were.Funny how they say some things and then change their minds.If they were attached that much to Tubby they both would be gophers right now.:rolleyes:

Yes I'm sure they were.Funny how they say some things and then change their minds.If they were attached that much to Tubby they both would be gophers right now.:rolleyes:

Spin it however makes you feel better. I'm simply telling you the facts as they were told to me...

Actually yes UK probalby would have Patterson if Tubby stayed.

 

That can be argued both ways. Tubby had lots of time to get a commitment from Patrick, and Tubby didn't have the best record of closing guys.

Did I mention Meeks and Jasper in my post?He would be in trouble with what he left for players this year without any injuries.My point is this,Tubby knew what was coming this year and he ran out before he had to deal with it.I am not complaining about him leaving.He wasn't run out of town,he left before this year and would have been run out of town for sure.:thumb:

 

With Tubby as the coach UK would not be giving up 80 points per game in their L's. At this point, I feel Tubby is a much better x's and o's coach that BCG. Tubby couldn't recruit, but he got the type of players he wanted and won games while he was here.

Yes I'm sure they were.Funny how they say some things and then change their minds.If they were attached that much to Tubby they both would be gophers right now.:rolleyes:

Neither wanted to go to Minnesota. They wanted to come to play for Tubby at UK. Once Tubby left both re-opened. BG was able to land Patterson but not Lucas.

Spin it however makes you feel better. I'm simply telling you the facts as they were told to me...

I'm not spinning it any way.No one including you and you're facts can say that was going to happen.Until their name is on the line anything can and usually does change with these kids.

Spin it however makes you feel better. I'm simply telling you the facts as they were told to me...

 

You can't consider something a fact that never happened or had the chance to.

With Tubby as the coach UK would not be giving up 80 points per game in their L's. At this point, I feel Tubby is a much better x's and o's coach that BCG. Tubby couldn't recruit, but he got the type of players he wanted and won games while he was here.

I think he is a great coach,but you have to have players to coach and he was running pretty thin along that line.

I think he is a great coach,but you have to have players to coach and he was running pretty thin along that line.

 

He would have been fine. You can't tell me the players at UM are better than the players left at UK.

Tubby couldn't recruit, but he got the type of players he wanted and won games while he was here.

 

So he didn't want TH or Wright?

So he didn't want TH or Wright?

 

I never said that. He could have very well wanted them but like I said and we all know, he wasn't the best person for bringing players in. For the most part he got players who worked hard and bought into his system. A system which would keep UK in games even if they were overmatched.

I never said that. He could have very well wanted them but like I said and we all know, he wasn't the best person for bringing players in. For the most part he got players who worked hard and bought into his system. A system which would keep UK in games even if they were overmatched.

 

You said he got the type of players he wanted. I disagree. He had to settle. A lot.

 

I do agree that when he got players that would buy in, he over achieved with them.

You said he got the type of players he wanted. I disagree. He had to settle. A lot.

 

I do agree that when he got players that would buy in, he over achieved with them.

 

Everyone has to settle for players. No coach is able to land the 4 best players in the country in the same class. That's insane to even think about.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.