Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Border Bowl

Featured Replies

Does anyone know who will be playing in this game?

I know from Montgomery County it will be:

Kaleb Curtis qb/lb 5'10 190

Zach Stroub S/WR 6'3 200

"BIG" Joe Stanfield 6'3 350 DT

 

I have also heard that from Clark Co. that center Justin Perry and DT Bubby Fox will be playing in it.

I know Brett Courtney(DL) and Chase Cooper(OL) from Woodford County.

Is this the one in Jan. in Williamsburg? If so, QB/LB Brandon Abner from LC will be there.

Is this the one in Jan. in Williamsburg? If so, QB/LB Brandon Abner from LC will be there.

 

Is there a listing somewhere, or just inside info?

Anyone else from 6A District 8 invited aside from Fox and Perry?

Coach Mitchell told me. I think that Michael Hall from LC is also playing.

WYMT has a list of those that will be playing in the game.

I've avoided commenting, but what the heck, I've never shyed away before now. I don't know how this team was billed by the organizers, but it was communicated on WYMT, in the Corbin Newspaper and to the schools as a South-Eastern Kentucky bowl against counterparts in Tennessee to showcase local talent. Well, Woodford county and others are not in SE Ky. I was under the impression that it was not a Kentucky all star game, but a true Border Battle. so much for that, I guess lookin at the list. What happened?? Looks like some teams aorund I-75 got some players in in our region, but not the rest of the schools. Maybe depended on who the coaches were.............

Not sure how the selection process was determined. I did see some from Tates Creek and Highlands so if that was how WYMT reported it, then I can see the confusion that it would cause. Perhaps someone can enlighted us on this????

Maybe they took as many players from the border counties that were nominated that they actually thought could compete at the all-star level and then they filled in the roster with KY products in an attempt to boost the roster with more quality??? Just a guess. Whatever the reason I hope they picked the best team possible because we certainly want to beat Tenn.

 

Looks like a nice coaching staff for the KY squad as well.

 

Godd luck to the KY boys.

I can name 3 or 4 that should be there from Johnson Central.

I've avoided commenting, but what the heck, I've never shyed away before now. I don't know how this team was billed by the organizers, but it was communicated on WYMT, in the Corbin Newspaper and to the schools as a South-Eastern Kentucky bowl against counterparts in Tennessee to showcase local talent. Well, Woodford county and others are not in SE Ky. I was under the impression that it was not a Kentucky all star game, but a true Border Battle. so much for that, I guess lookin at the list. What happened?? Looks like some teams aorund I-75 got some players in in our region, but not the rest of the schools. Maybe depended on who the coaches were.............

 

This may help answer this....................Campbell said he was disappointed to see some of the high school coaches not send any players' in. "We did have a few area coaches and a few schools that didn't send anybody in. If they didn't send them in we didn't have any way to choose those players." http://www.corbinnewsjournal.com/index.php?fn=stories&front=Array&detail=1199372165

This may help answer this....................Campbell said he was disappointed to see some of the high school coaches not send any players' in. "We did have a few area coaches and a few schools that didn't send anybody in. If they didn't send them in we didn't have any way to choose those players." http://www.corbinnewsjournal.com/index.php?fn=stories&front=Array&detail=1199372165

 

I know for a fact of at least 7 kids from Harlan County and Harlan Ind. Schools were sent in.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.