Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Bowl

Featured Replies

I know most scedules are set but how about this idea for a bowl event in NKY. Take the top 6 programs in NKY based on number of wins in this decade, and you could have these match ups.

 

Highlands - NCC

Dixie Heights - Beechwood

Cov. Cath. - Boone Co.

 

I think getting these 6 teams at one place together you would get a great crowd and see some good Football.

 

Then the next year you could have

Highlands - Boone

Dixie Heights - NCC

Cov. Cath. Beechwood.

 

or any Combination of teams with the exception of Highlands, Dixie, and CCH

Want to really raise some money, and I know that the schedules would never permit this, but:

 

Friday night: Bellevue v. Dayton

Saturday noon- NewCath v. Beechwood

4pm- Boone v. Ryle

8pm- Highlands v. CovCath.

I know most scedules are set but how about this idea for a bowl event in NKY. Take the top 6 programs in NKY based on number of wins in this decade, and you could have these match ups.

 

Highlands - NCC

Dixie Heights - Beechwood

Cov. Cath. - Boone Co.

 

I think getting these 6 teams at one place together you would get a great crowd and see some good Football.

 

Then the next year you could have

Highlands - Boone

Dixie Heights - NCC

Cov. Cath. Beechwood.

 

or any Combination of teams with the exception of Highlands, Dixie, and CCH

 

Where would you play these games? There is not one place big enough.

Want to really raise some money, and I know that the schedules would never permit this, but:

 

Friday night: Bellevue v. Dayton

Saturday noon- NewCath v. Beechwood

4pm- Boone v. Ryle

8pm- Highlands v. CovCath.

 

That would be a great day. Everyone in NKY would be there!!

Disagree.

 

Games like Bellevue/Dayton and Ryle/Boone Co and Highlands/CovCath, and NCC/Beechwood should never be played anywhere other than at home fields.

Disagree.

 

Games like Bellevue/Dayton and Ryle/Boone Co and Highlands/CovCath, and NCC/Beechwood should never be played anywhere other than at home fields.

 

Fine, have them played at each team's home field. Add another 30 min. b/ games for travel and parking. You could buy a 1 day pass for $25 and a parking pass for an additional $10.

Where would you play these games? There is not one place big enough.

 

Ryle is big enough!!!! Plenty of seating with room to add some temporary seats and parking is not a problem. Now the playing surface on the other hand!!!!!!

This would be amazing.But Yeah, Where would they play? I dont think even Ryle would be big enough.

Fine, have them played at each team's home field. Add another 30 min. b/ games for travel and parking. You could buy a 1 day pass for $25 and a parking pass for an additional $10.

 

I meant at each of their home fields.

 

For example, I don't want to have a doubleheader of Beechwood/CovCath and Dayton/Bellevue played at Beechwood. Not good for the fans of Dayton and Bellevue.

 

I don't want Beechwood/NCC playing on a doubleheader with Ryle/Boone Co. Same thing.

 

Some very limited doubleheader games are okay as long as they are non-district. District games should never be played on a neutral field. I thought last year's Newport Bowl was an example of how it could work with minimal disruption. NCC (technically playing on their home field) against non-district SK and then Bellevue playing Newport on Newport's home field which is 300 yards from Bellevue's field.

You would never get the Highlands NCC deal signed as long NCC still has BS

Disagree.

 

Games like Bellevue/Dayton and Ryle/Boone Co and Highlands/CovCath, and NCC/Beechwood should never be played anywhere other than at home fields.

 

I agree 100%.

 

It just would not be the same playing Cov Cath away from HHS or HHS away from Park Hills. It would not be the same. You cannot beat the HS football atmosphere at these rivalries. I am sure the same is true for Dayton vs. Bellvue, Beechwood vs. NCC and Ryle vs. Boone. IMO...

I meant at each of their home fields.

 

For example, I don't want to have a doubleheader of Beechwood/CovCath and Dayton/Bellevue played at Beechwood. Not good for the fans of Dayton and Bellevue.

 

I don't want Beechwood/NCC playing on a doubleheader with Ryle/Boone Co. Same thing.

 

Some very limited doubleheader games are okay as long as they are non-district. District games should never be played on a neutral field. I thought last year's Newport Bowl was an example of how it could work with minimal disruption. NCC (technically playing on their home field) against non-district SK and then Bellevue playing Newport on Newport's home field which is 300 yards from Bellevue's field.

 

I understood, and I compromised. Each game is played at one of the rival's home field. I was saying that you could buy an all day pass and parking pass and travel from field to field. The parking pass would make it easier to find a place to park in a limited amount of time.

I was saying that you could buy an all day pass and parking pass and travel from field to field. The parking pass would make it easier to find a place to park in a limited amount of time.
Provided you aren't playing at Highlands. :cool:
You would never get the Highlands NCC deal signed as long NCC still has BS

 

I agree, it will never happen as long as BS is there. I'm not so sure they still don't play after he is gone.

I agree, it will never happen as long as BS is there. I'm not so sure they still don't play after he is gone.

 

Then Highlands needs to get over it!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.