Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gallatin Co. 83 Carroll Co. 64

Featured Replies

Good win for a good small school!! Almost got knocked off of the high horse.........Not.:D

Like I said nothing more nothing less. Remeber the Scott County game. But it was probably the refereing or maybe if was played in Sawville on Hall of fame night or something it would have been a different game.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that there are alot better teams out there in the state of ky, but if we are nothing more or less than a good small school, what does that make the teams we just beat by 19 and 20. If you look at it we have the best chance to be competitive in the region which is pretty good for such a small school no more or no less.

I realize that there are alot better teams out there in the state of ky, but if we are nothing more or less than a good small school, what does that make the teams we just beat by 19 and 20. If you look at it we have the best chance to be competitive in the region which is pretty good for such a small school no more or no less.

 

Could not agree more!:fight:

I tip my hat to the Coach Jones, he is probably one of the best coaches around I honestly mean that. He has the entire program headed in the right direction at all levels. All of your teams play hard and go out and get the job done by playing the game the right way. I would also say that by even scheduling a Scott. Co. says alot in the fact you want to play the top teams and wont back down from any one. Really I wish we would put such teams on the schedule. Just some of the faithful seemed to be getting a little too prideful at the expense of CC which for the record is a fairly young team. They play 3-4 sophomores significant minutes start 3 juniors and 1 senior who didnt play last year. I will agree the rematch will be just as heated and the game will be good too. ;)

Like I said nothing more nothing less. Remeber the Scott County game. But it was probably the refereing or maybe if was played in Sawville on Hall of fame night or something it would have been a different game.

 

I see where your favorite team has stepped up there schedule also. Hopefully when the Panthers play a school with enrollment 3-4 times larger than there own, they will play better than they have currently shown.

 

Gallatin has stepped it up in the schedule area, playing many schools that are larger and better than them this year. We will not win them all. We will win some of them though.;)

I tip my hat to the Coach Jones, he is probably one of the best coaches around I honestly mean that. He has the entire program headed in the right direction at all levels. All of your teams play hard and go out and get the job done by playing the game the right way. I would also say that by even scheduling a Scott. Co. says alot in the fact you want to play the top teams and wont back down from any one. Really I wish we would put such teams on the schedule. Just some of the faithful seemed to be getting a little too prideful at the expense of CC which for the record is a fairly young team. They play 3-4 sophomores significant minutes start 3 juniors and 1 senior who didnt play last year. I will agree the rematch will be just as heated and the game will be good too. ;)

 

In the game last night, GC started 3 seniors, a junior, and a sophomore. :rolleyes:

I realize that there are alot better teams out there in the state of ky, but if we are nothing more or less than a good small school, what does that make the teams we just beat by 19 and 20. If you look at it we have the best chance to be competitive in the region which is pretty good for such a small school no more or no less.

 

I agree with what you are saying here. However, no matter how bad you beat the small schools, there are always gonna be detractors to your program. Some will say that Gallatin can't play with the big schools, like Scott County, Oldham, and the Shelby's out there. All I know is that I have been watching these kids at Gallatin play ball for a long, long time now. All they do is win... not all of them, but most of them.

 

SteelCurtain- get your boys fired up, teach them to play aggressive, teach them to never - never back down. Oh wait... :sssh:your program has already done that! No wonder Gallatin is head and shoulders above the other small schools around here. Congratulations on building a great program, even if you are a small school.

I agree with what you are saying here. However, no matter how bad you beat the small schools, there are always gonna be detractors to your program. Some will say that Gallatin can't play with the big schools, like Scott County, Oldham, and the Shelby's out there. All I know is that I have been watching these kids at Gallatin play ball for a long, long time now. All they do is win... not all of them, but most of them.

 

SteelCurtain- get your boys fired up, teach them to play aggressive, teach them to never - never back down. Oh wait... :sssh:your program has already done that! No wonder Gallatin is head and shoulders above the other small schools around here. Congratulations on building a great program, even if you are a small school.

 

Really, I agree the program is getting better! But head and shoulders above the other small schools around here?:madman:

Gallatin does have a good program and I have respect for the program and Jon Jones. The problem I have is the GC fans putting other schools down. These other schools that GC is "head and shoulders above" are building some good programs. Carroll is playing majority juniors and sophomores and only 4 of them had very much playing time and experience last year. It is just the start of the season and Carroll has shown some good things. I am sure Coach Miller and his staff will have the CC boys ready to go come tournament time. If I remember right, a few years ago Gallatin was not "head and shoulders above" anyone. They were struggling just as Carroll, Williamstown, and Trimble are doing right now. Carroll will be just fine. The players that they have right now know how to win. I have seen them win multiple of games in younger years and they can compete with GC and other schools. GC was only up 7 at halftime and Carroll had tons of turnovers by that point. Next game will be a great one to see. :thumb:

 

To the Carroll players that read this, keep your head up. I have known fans at Carroll Co. for a long time and they have faith. Do not let other teams discourage you from your goals of reaching Richmond and competing in the region tournament. I know you can do it and I know your community does too. I have seen you boys play a few times this year and I have seen alot of potential. Work hard, play with heart, and keep fighting. The wins will come and I am sure you will be there in the end. Best of luck to you boys! :thumb:

Really, I agree the program is getting better! But head and shoulders above the other small schools around here?:madman:

 

Perhaps the wrong choice of words on my part to say that they are head and shoulders above the other small schools around. My apologies if I offended, it was not my intent to do that.

 

I went back and looked at the last two complete seasons for Gallatin, they went 12-2 last season against the small schools (WV, HC, TC, OC, CC). The season before that, 2005-06, they were 11-2 against those same schools.

Perhaps the wrong choice of words on my part to say that they are head and shoulders above the other small schools around. My apologies if I offended, it was not my intent to do that.

 

I went back and looked at the last two complete seasons for Gallatin, they went 12-2 last season against the small schools (WV, HC, TC, OC, CC). The season before that, 2005-06, they were 11-2 against those same schools.

Everyone knows that GC has had an excellant run. As the majority of us understand, everthing runs in cycles. Please don't let any two year run cloud your judgement. GC has played extremely well the last few years and i think thats great. Eventually hard work pays off but let's not have any preconceived notions that GC has cornered the market on success for small schools in the 8th region. I'm sure in 3 or 4 more years we'll be having this same discussion about some other small school in the 8th.

Could not agree more.

Everyone knows that GC has had an excellant run. As the majority of us understand, everthing runs in cycles. Please don't let any two year run cloud your judgement. GC has played extremely well the last few years and i think thats great. Eventually hard work pays off but let's not have any preconceived notions that GC has cornered the market on success for small schools in the 8th region. I'm sure in 3 or 4 more years we'll be having this same discussion about some other small school in the 8th.

 

I know things are cyclical, and Gallatin has been on top for at least the last two seasons, and apparently this one also. I doubt that they have cornered the market on success, I see evidence of it in other programs and I have no doubt they will have there turn at the top. Right now though, this old rooster is gonna crow about his team. Next year I expect to eat some buzzard gizzards more often than not. Every country boy knows you make hay while the sun is shining.:D

I know things are cyclical, and Gallatin has been on top for at least the last two seasons, and apparently this one also. I doubt that they have cornered the market on success, I see evidence of it in other programs and I have no doubt they will have there turn at the top. Right now though, this old rooster is gonna crow about his team. Next year I expect to eat some buzzard gizzards more often than not. Every country boy knows you make hay while the sun is shining.:D

 

 

Okay, I will let you have your day in the sun.;)

Okay, I will let you have your day in the sun.;)

 

I appreciate it!:cool:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.