Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Manual Stadium lights

Featured Replies

According to the linked article from this morning's Courier-Journal, the JCPS school board is considering a proposal tonight to make several general facilities upgrades and repairs, including $120,000 for new lighting at Manual Stadium! According to the article, the Jefferson County Board is expected to approve the nearly $5 million package, which also includes things such as roof repairs, new food service equipment, and maintenance to various other athletic venues.

 

This is great, great news for the crown jewel of Kentucky high school football facilities!

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071210/NEWS0105/712100412

Fan-freaking-tastic... let's just hope they'll follow through. I've been hearing a lot of talk the past few years with little action - and all the action that HAS taken place has been done by the boosters and the players.

With as much use as that stadium gets with football, soccer and DeSales football the new lights are long overdue. Let's hope the Board follows through.

Manual Stadium has lights?

Yeah!

 

But even the lights at Iroquois are better. Did you like the games there better? ;)

 

I know alot of the fields in town had their lights upgraded in the past several years. We are still waiting. I know it is not a done deal until we see them next summer when the season starts.

Manual Stadium has lights?

Exactly. When I was filming there for Central's two visits I noticed by about the third quarter the field was going almost pitch black. About the only thing I don't like about Manual's stadium.

Doss started football in 1969, but got it's first lights in 1984, but they weren't brand new ones, they were mis-matched from the three schools that closed in 1981 and the lights they originally got. Westport (1963), Thomas Jeffeson (1964) and Stuart (1970). A couple years ago, all three Bullitt County high schools got new lights.

 

I believe in Jefferson County, only Waggener still has the wooden pole lights.

I can't wait to see what they do with it.

I thought the lights were fine at Manual Stadium.

 

The only thing really needed is about 10 more yards at each end of the field.

 

And if I lived there maybe a net to catch PATs before they bounced off my porch.

I can't wait to see what they do with it.

 

I didn't go to Manual or anything, and am likely fairly dumb. I think they'll put them up on poles and light them during games.

I didn't go to Manual or anything, and am likely fairly dumb. I think they'll put them up on poles and light them during games.

 

Hardyhar, good sir, but while we're pointing out our own negative qualities, I'm a slacker, and don't click on links very often. I was under the impression that they would upgrade not only the lights but the bathrooms and locker rooms as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.