Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota 91 Colorado State 74

Featured Replies

HIS PLAYERS were becoming bottom shelf commodities with an apparent disdain for what they were doing. Did I miss a sign of better things to come with Tubby over the last 2 or 3 years?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HIS PLAYERS were becoming bottom shelf commodities with an apparent disdain for what they were doing. Did I miss a sign of better things to come with Tubby over the last 2 or 3 years?

 

Is that the bottom shelf of McDonald's? When signed, how many McD AA's did this senior class have in it?

How many stayed? When they got here, they were dying to leave, and usually not just because of the NBA. Also, Just because they are McD AA, that does not always count once the sneakers hit the floor. Reputations are good, but producing is another thing.

How many thugs did we get from not checking kids out? McD AA or otherwise?

How did we get them over others if they did not know something that we didn't from checking them out?

I remember when we thought we had "stole" Bobby Perry from NC by not checking out a recruit. (I know he was not a AA, but he also was not what we thought he was, either.

 

McD AA we were getting, but not the so-called Quality ones.

How many stayed? When they got here, they were dying to leave, and usually not just because of the NBA. Also, Just because they are McD AA, that does not always count once the sneakers hit the floor. Reputations are good, but producing is another thing.

How many thugs did we get from not checking kids out? McD AA or otherwise?

How did we get them over others if they did not know something that we didn't from checking them out?

I remember when we thought we had "stole" Bobby Perry from NC by not checking out a recruit. (I know he was not a AA, but he also was not what we thought he was, either.

 

McD AA we were getting, but not the so-called Quality ones.

 

The bolded is what I have been saying to you all night long.:irked:

Not sure who you are meaning on thugs besides Carruth and everyone wanted him.

How many fights did the team have amongst itself?

How many Tubby players have ended up on blotters?

Chiles, Carruth, Simms, Allison, Camara, Parker, Sears, et al. There was a near Brawl in an airport, there was a lot of problems between Rondo/Sparks reported around, and there was a recruit from Wisc. a few years ago that had his scholly offer revoked for videotaping him and his buddies preparing bundles and then leaving the camera at the McDonald's for the police to get a hold of.

 

Also, you yourself have been using the McD AA thing as a measure for recruits all night yourself.

How many fights did the team have amongst itself?

How many Tubby players have ended up on blotters?

Chiles, Carruth, Simms, Allison, Camara, Parker, Sears, et al. There was a near Brawl in an airport, there was a lot of problems between Rondo/Sparks reported around, and there was a recruit from Wisc. a few years ago that had his scholly offer revoked for videotaping him and his buddies preparing bundles and then leaving the camera at the McDonald's for the police to get a hold of.

 

Also, you yourself have been using the McD AA thing as a measure for recruits all night yourself.

 

You missed the sarcasm in the McD AA comments. I use it to make fun of the UK fans that think we have to have a roster of McD AA's every season. The UK fans who slurped up Billy G's comments of he will keep recruiting till he has a roster of nothing but McD's AA's like it was a McFlurry.

 

It was a dumb comment by him that only served to pander to unrealistic UK fan base.

 

Your definition of thug is pretty easliy attainable. Wonder how many times a college student ends up with another college student's girlfriend? I bet the college campuses are full of thugs, if that is the definition.

 

BTW, for the Louisville fans, Sparks didn't walk.:D

Once more, you do it to me.

Did not use thug on the post (#35).

Refered to fights between players. :thumb:

 

Refered to blotters on players.:thumb:

Refered to thugs on post... NOPE.

 

Thugs was an earlier post.

Did not refer to Rondo or his close pal Sparks as thugs.

Gonna have to read them a little closer.

Once more, you do it to me.

Did not use thug on the post (#35).

Refered to fights between players. :thumb:

 

Refered to blotters on players.:thumb:

Refered to thugs on post... NOPE.

 

Thugs was an earlier post.

Did not refer to Rondo or his close pal Sparks as thugs.

Gonna have to read them a little closer.

 

I am done dealing with you.

 

You called his recruits thugs.

I said I didn't know who you were calling thugs.

YOU RESPOND WITH A LIST OF PLAYERS.

 

In a normal adult debate, it would be thought you were listing those players as thugs.

 

I now know when reading your posts in the future, I am not in a normal adult debate.

 

I will read your posts, don't expect a response from me.

 

And if you are wanting to be that picky, when quoting my posts, quote them accurately and don't have my posts mixed with your comments.

We'll see whose better off when Billy Clyde gets rid of Tubby's players.

AWWWW, RATS! That's a shame!

 

Alrighty Then. Hope I can still sleep at night knowing you are not talking to me!:thumb:

 

Free world. Talk to and respond to who you want. That's everyones perogative.

 

It did make the night go by.

 

Even if you were wrong, I enjoyed your banter and opinions.

 

You paid your dues to post on BGP, I borowed money off my Nanna to get on here.:D

 

We can both do what we want to, I guess.

 

And I can assume, in future posts, that you are going to twist stuff around anyway, also, and put words or phrases in that I did not type.

 

I, too, will consider the source for what it is.

 

Good Evening, Sir or Madamme!! Have a Nice Evening!

:thumb:

His first 2 years were with Tulsa, who had a good roster, then he moved to Georgia when Harrick had filled a good roster, after a couple of years, fell into the UK job and a decent roster with kids and shooters who still knew how to play their system. A good 2 or 3 years and mediocrity started. First prolonged job. See a pattern there?

 

 

 

Wow. You're not even close to being right. Your post is filled with all kinds of wrong information, but I guess you were just trying to make your argument look better. Tubby took over at Tulsa after J D Barnett was fired for failing to live up to expectations. Smith spent four seasons at Tulsa, winning two MVC championships and leading them past the first round of the NCAA tournament for the first time, to the Sweet Sixteen in both the 1993-1994 and 1994-1995 seasons. Tubby then took over for Hugh Durham at Georgia, not Jim Harrick. Harrick came two coaches after Tubby, and promptly landed them on NCAA probation. Georgia hadn't been to the NCAA since 1991. In two seasons, he led Georgia to a 45-19 record, including the first back-to-back seasons of 20 wins or more in school history. His teams reached the Sweet 16 in the 1996 tournament and lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament in the 1997 tournament The Bulldogs defeated Clemson to open the '96 tournament before upsetting the top-seeded Purdue Boilermakers.

:thumb:

His first 2 years were with Tulsa, who had a good roster, then he moved to Georgia when Harrick had filled a good roster, after a couple of years, fell into the UK job and a decent roster with kids and shooters who still knew how to play their system. A good 2 or 3 years and mediocrity started. First prolonged job. See a pattern there?

:confused::confused:I don't think so....

Wow. You're not even close to being right. Your post is filled with all kinds of wrong information, but I guess you were just trying to make your argument look better. Tubby took over at Tulsa after J D Barnett was fired for failing to live up to expectations. Smith spent four seasons at Tulsa, winning two MVC championships and leading them past the first round of the NCAA tournament for the first time, to the Sweet Sixteen in both the 1993-1994 and 1994-1995 seasons. Tubby then took over for Hugh Durham at Georgia, not Jim Harrick. Harrick came two coaches after Tubby, and promptly landed them on NCAA probation. Georgia hadn't been to the NCAA since 1991. In two seasons, he led Georgia to a 45-19 record, including the first back-to-back seasons of 20 wins or more in school history. His teams reached the Sweet 16 in the 1996 tournament and lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament in the 1997 tournament The Bulldogs defeated Clemson to open the '96 tournament before upsetting the top-seeded Purdue Boilermakers.

:thumb::thumb: Thank You.......

I bet this is an exciting team to watch. :sssh::D:D

:lol: I have seen them on t.v. one time. all I can say is that they are running their offense "like they are coached to" and are playing very good "Team Defense". Tubby does not have much talent at all on his team that he inherited and he has made a "Team" out of them. He has players that are believing in him and are following instuction and running Tubby's systems with no flack or attitude problems.

I wish him well and hope that he wins all of them (unless he plays U.K. somewhere down the road)

Way to go Tubby, another "W" !! :ylsuper::ylsuper:

  • Author
2004-05, 28 and 6. Elite 8 appearance in which they lost in double OT.

 

I long for this mediocrity from Billy G.

 

WITH HIS OWN RECRUITS, I REPEAT...

 

2004-05, 28 and 6. Elite 8 appearance in which they lost in double OT.

 

And add

 

2002-03 32-4. Elite 8 appearance where they lost to what we would later find out as one of the greatest players of his generation. And I believe that this is the year that he went undefeated in the SEC WITH HIS OWN RECRUITS.

 

It doesn't matter what you say. I like Tubby and I always have. I find it funny how people can say that the man " ruined " Kentucky basketball. I didn't know winning 28 and 32 games was ruining a program.

 

I don't know why you are even attempting to try to back Tubby. The guy absolutely ruined the greatest basketball program in the history of college athletics. So he has managed to beata bunch of nobodies. Big whoop. He will do nothing in Minnesota with his own players...just like he did nothing in Lexington with his own players.

 

Did you not see what ladiesbballcoach said?????????? Are you even a Kentucky fan??????

 

Here is Tubby's record at Kentucky from 2001 until 2006-2007.

 

2001-2002 - 22-10 - Sweet 16

 

2002-2003 - 32-4 - Elite 8

 

2003-2004 - 27-5 - Sweet 16

 

2004-2005 - 28-6 - Elite 8

 

2005-2006 - 22-13 - 2nd Round

 

2006-2007 - 22-12 - 2nd Round

 

Besides the last 2 seasons, how has Smith did "nothing" with his own players?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.