Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds draft Braves Sergio Valenzuela in Rule #5 draft

Featured Replies

Doesn't Rule 5 players have to be with Major League team for a year or they go back to the other team?
I'm pretty sure at that time you can offer them back to there old team. Not sure what happens if they don't want him.

This franchise hasn't had a winning record in almost 10 years, there are many reasons for that, not all because of the current front office people.

 

Fact is, MANY odd moves have been made over these last few years, this can be another one.

 

Unless of course it works out, then it's an innovative move by a team on the rise. :lol:

Yes, and I'm disappointed in Strike3. He should know better.
Sorry, didn't read the article and didn't see any information about him being a Rule #5 acquisition.
Could someone explain the "Rule 5 Draft" to me please.

 

The Rule 5 draft is a Major League Baseball player draft that occurs each year in December, at the annual Winter Meeting of general managers. The Rule 5 draft aims to prevent teams from stockpiling too many young players on their minor league affiliate teams when other teams would be willing to have them play in the majors.

 

If chosen in the Rule 5 draft, a player must be kept on the selecting team's 25-man major league roster for the entire season after the draft--he may not be optioned or designated to the minors. The selecting team may, at any time, waive the Rule 5 draftee. If a Rule 5 draftee clears waivers by not signing with a new MLB team, he must be offered back to the original team, effectively canceling the Rule 5 draft choice. Once a Rule 5 draftee spends an entire season on his new team's 25-man roster, his status reverts to normal and he may be optioned or designated for assignment.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_5_draft

 

I knew Wikipedia was good for something. :lol:

Sorry, didn't read the article and didn't see any information about him being a Rule #5 acquisition.

 

The title of the thread?????????:p:lol:

The Rule 5 draft is a Major League Baseball player draft that occurs each year in December, at the annual Winter Meeting of general managers. The Rule 5 draft aims to prevent teams from stockpiling too many young players on their minor league affiliate teams when other teams would be willing to have them play in the majors.

 

If chosen in the Rule 5 draft, a player must be kept on the selecting team's 25-man major league roster for the entire season after the draft--he may not be optioned or designated to the minors. The selecting team may, at any time, waive the Rule 5 draftee. If a Rule 5 draftee clears waivers by not signing with a new MLB team, he must be offered back to the original team, effectively canceling the Rule 5 draft choice. Once a Rule 5 draftee spends an entire season on his new team's 25-man roster, his status reverts to normal and he may be optioned or designated for assignment.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_5_draft

 

I knew Wikipedia was good for something. :lol:

 

That sounds like leveling the playing field and that doesn't happen in real life.:rolleyes::p:lol:

The title of the thread?????????:p:lol:
....:lol: Didn't see that either, just that the "Reds drafted"....and opened the thread.

 

I'm losing it.

....:lol: Didn't see that either, just that the "Reds drafted"....and opened the thread.

 

I'm losing it.

 

I think sticky would say LOST.:lol::lol::lol:

The Rule 5 draft is a Major League Baseball player draft that occurs each year in December, at the annual Winter Meeting of general managers. The Rule 5 draft aims to prevent teams from stockpiling too many young players on their minor league affiliate teams when other teams would be willing to have them play in the majors.

 

If chosen in the Rule 5 draft, a player must be kept on the selecting team's 25-man major league roster for the entire season after the draft--he may not be optioned or designated to the minors. The selecting team may, at any time, waive the Rule 5 draftee. If a Rule 5 draftee clears waivers by not signing with a new MLB team, he must be offered back to the original team, effectively canceling the Rule 5 draft choice. Once a Rule 5 draftee spends an entire season on his new team's 25-man roster, his status reverts to normal and he may be optioned or designated for assignment.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_5_draft

 

I knew Wikipedia was good for something. :lol:

 

:thumb: Thanks. I guess I could have searched that but I appreciate it.

:thumb: Thanks. I guess I could have searched that but I appreciate it.

 

Welcome.

 

:thumb:

 

Don't feel bad, I didn't know anything about it til I found that article. :lol:

Cantu was an infielder correct? That is not a spot for a pitcher.

5 starters of which this guy is not one. The new closer, Weathers, Burton, Bray, Majewski, Weathers, Belisle. That is 12 pitchers. Where is the spot without it being a decent pitcher.

 

 

Belisle might be the 5th starter and unless Weathers has a brother pitching you listed him twice.

Belisle might be the 5th starter and unless Weathers has a brother pitching you listed him twice.

 

Good point.

 

Saw where the Milton and Guardodo have had discussions about them returning.

 

I hope the starting 5 is something like Harang, yet to be traded for pitcher, Arroyo, Tomko or someone like that, Bailey.

 

Bullpen: Weathers, Cordero, Bray, Majewski, Burton, Belisle and some situational LH pitcher.

 

12 pitchers.

 

If Belisle goes to the rotation, than you might have Coffey in that spot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.