Harlan County High's New Coach

lungbuster

Anyone from Bell heard that Dudley might be one of the choices?

Can't see this one. No one talking about it. Bell returns a strong team, maybe one of Dudley's best in years. The state title in 4-A could very well be Bell's next year. Add to that the fact that Dudley's son started this year for Bell at tight end as a Freshman. Three more years to coach his son as a Bobcat! Don't think $ lures anyone from that scenario.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not positive but I heard that the OC and DC are already hired. They were the previuos head coaces at the consolidated schools. I also heard that the HC is from Florida and is a Woolum, his family is from East KY. Its not Tuck but maybe someone related to him. This is a positive, but through the grapvine. Can anyone confirm or deny any of it?

Previous coaches at what consolidated school? OR were they coaches at schools in the county before the consolidation?

Eric Perry. Jon Reynolds or Ovie Canady. Those were the coaches at the county schools.

Not positive but I heard that the OC and DC are already hired. They were the previuos head coaces at the consolidated schools. I also heard that the HC is from Florida and is a Woolum, his family is from East KY. Its not Tuck but maybe someone related to him. This is a positive, but through the grapvine. Can anyone confirm or deny any of it?

Playing Cawood's schedule...3A...Dudley's son could come with him as well as those kids that live on the border of Harlan/Bell County...plus $$$

Never say never. lol

This is what I heard 3A with 4 or 5 A numbers, a shot at 3 A title and also can take JD. And alot of $$$

Legend64 this is not a rumor website and your rumor or whatever it is, is WAY off base. Woolum is not coming and no OC or DC has been hired, heck the head coach has not even been hired. Harlan Countians need to be patient because we might know something soon and it could be BIG!!!!!!

Legend64 this is not a rumor website and your rumor or whatever it is' date=' is WAY off base. Woolum is not coming and no OC or DC has been hired, heck the head coach has not even been hired. Harlan Countians need to be patient because we might know something soon and it could be BIG!!!!!![/quote']

I agree Blackbears, No OC or DC has been hired or mentioned. That will obviously be the call of The New Head Coach. I think we need to settle down and let this thing play it self out. I would never come on here and spread a rumor such as Hilton because that could have a negative impact on his job even if it is true or not. However, Since someone has already put his name on this board ( and I have no idea if he is even interested or not) I have said all along that he is the logical choice and the people of HCHS would roll out the black Carpet for Hilton and his 300 plus wins and sing and dance in the streets. He would set the pace for what is going to be an unreal school. Harlan County is going to have the best High school in the state so why not try and get the best coach in the state. Mr. Dudley Hilton and hopefully 300 more wins to boot.

Can't see this one. No one talking about it. Bell returns a strong team, maybe one of Dudley's best in years. The state title in 4-A could very well be Bell's next year. Add to that the fact that Dudley's son started this year for Bell at tight end as a Freshman. Three more years to coach his son as a Bobcat! Don't think $ lures anyone from that scenario.

I agree with you big guy that Bell will have a very good team next year but if the proposal of the classes holds up bell will have a much harder time than one might think. Bell with have to go through not only Lex Cath. but also Cov. Cath. Where as the 5a class that Harlan County will be in After next year will be LOSING both Highlands and Cov. Catholic. As I understand it they can only play up to the 6a super class or stay in the class that their enrollment says they are in. It looks like to me that Harlan County will have a much better road to a state title than Bell if this holds True.

Regardless of who they hire the ENTIRE county has to be involved. I wasn't totally for this but now that it is happening and WILL happen we should get behind our coach and ESPECIALLY these kids.

I know that Mr. Saylor will hire the best possible person to lead these kids. I hope that they are able to build a field, a nice field like Belfry or Letcher Central, in as short as time as possible.

I know that Bell County has one middle school team. I kind of hope that they leave the teams the way that they are and allow the communities to have a little part of their tradition. Not sure how that will play out with a new coach coming in.

Harlan County is a long way from discussing state champs. They must first find a way to beat Breathit and then possibly Belfry. Rome was not built in a day and neither will the black bears program. The super class proposal will not pass! To many powers at be on the state level are against it. One thing that everyone should remember that this is an annual dance for Dudley. Every year it is a another school he is flirting with but nothing ever comes of it.

I wish the new High School nothing but luck but the worst thing the people of Harlan County could do would be put unobtainable goals on those kids. Look across the mountain and LCC.

Legend64 this is not a rumor website and your rumor or whatever it is' date=' is WAY off base. Woolum is not coming and no OC or DC has been hired, heck the head coach has not even been hired. Harlan Countians need to be patient because we might know something soon and it could be BIG!!!!!![/quote']

Not a rumor site, come on this is a gossip website, its where all the good stuff comes from, true and false. The person I talked to knows a coach from that area. Thats what he told me, but obviously you can deny his statement because you are closer to the situation than I. Heck I was just wondering if it was true, now I know.

Regardless of who they hire the ENTIRE county has to be involved. I wasn't totally for this but now that it is happening and WILL happen we should get behind our coach and ESPECIALLY these kids.

I know that Mr. Saylor will hire the best possible person to lead these kids. I hope that they are able to build a field, a nice field like Belfry or Letcher Central, in as short as time as possible.

I know that Bell County has one middle school team. I kind of hope that they leave the teams the way that they are and allow the communities to have a little part of their tradition. Not sure how that will play out with a new coach coming in.

I agree 100% with you Scatbackskin2 and I think that that the people of this County will get behind these kids. IMO As I look at the school I can't see any way that the fields and Facilities not being as impressive. It just wouldn't make sense. I think we will find a way to make it happen.

Harlan County is a long way from discussing state champs. They must first find a way to beat Breathit and then possibly Belfry. Rome was not built in a day and neither will the black bears program. The super class proposal will not pass! To many powers at be on the state level are against it. One thing that everyone should remember that this is an annual dance for Dudley. Every year it is a another school he is flirting with but nothing ever comes of it.

I wish the new High School nothing but luck but the worst thing the people of Harlan County could do would be put unobtainable goals on those kids. Look across the mountain and LCC.

I understand what you are saying but something is going to happen and happen within the next few years IMO. The Public/Private issue is very real and isn't going to go away. This one may not pass but changes are coming to football in the state of Kentucky. To be a champ is what every school is playing for. If HCHS doesn't win it next year we will the next or the next. You must have goals big guy.

I agree Blackbears, No OC or DC has been hired or mentioned. That will obviously be the call of The New Head Coach. I think we need to settle down and let this thing play it self out. I would never come on here and spread a rumor such as Hilton because that could have a negative impact on his job even if it is true or not. However, Since someone has already put his name on this board ( and I have no idea if he is even interested or not) I have said all along that he is the logical choice and the people of HCHS would roll out the black Carpet for Hilton and his 300 plus wins and sing and dance in the streets. He would set the pace for what is going to be an unreal school. Harlan County is going to have the best High school in the state so why not try and get the best coach in the state. Mr. Dudley Hilton and hopefully 300 more wins to boot.

Jury will be out a long time on "the best high school in the state". However, its time to seize the day. If HC can't improve with this new facility, its leadership. No reason football wise, HC can't eventually be among the best in their class, but it will take time, a la LCCHS.

Jury will be out a long time on "the best high school in the state". However, its time to seize the day. If HC can't improve with this new facility, its leadership. No reason football wise, HC can't eventually be among the best in their class, but it will take time, a la LCCHS.

Yeah right! Whatever you say pappy.