Harlan County High's New Coach

lungbuster

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammontree used to be the Head Coach at North Gwinnett Hs in Suwanee, Ga.

Same school that ex Lex. Cath. HC bob sphire is now.

Hammontree played at Carson - Newman, and coached at Maryville H.S. for several years before going to Georgia. BTW Maryville won its 4th straight state title Saturday and is 60-0 over the past 4 years.

During the games at the pizza box this weekend there were some big names being mentioned as the Harlan County Football job was a HOT TOPIC. Since it is all speculation I will hold my thoughts and comments until I know something for sure. However, it was nice to hear all the buzz about the job. Hopefully the BEARS can land a great coach.

The posting on the KHSAA website stated that applications will be accepted through January 3. Probably a good move to allow that. I think a great deal of reflection occurs over the holiday break for coaches. The time away allows them to weigh their options and assess things in their current position. If Harlan County is looking for a proven HC, then that is the case. Young asst's or head coaches in bad situations would apply at any time. Should be a good situation for someone.

The posting on the KHSAA website stated that applications will be accepted through January 3. Probably a good move to allow that. I think a great deal of reflection occurs over the holiday break for coaches. The time away allows them to weigh their options and assess things in their current position. If Harlan County is looking for a proven HC, then that is the case. Young asst's or head coaches in bad situations would apply at any time. Should be a good situation for someone.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Around the middle of January things should come to a head. I just don't see how it could happen any faster IMO.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Around the middle of January things should come to a head. I just don't see how it could happen any faster IMO.

I agree..That would give at least 7 weeks before spring practice...I guess KHSAA will let them wait until Monday after ALL Harlan County teams {boys and Girls} are out of basketball tournaments, they could possible give them a different time frame since the kids will have to be bused to practice.

• 2 weeks later...