Newport 52 Russell 21

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this year Russell is actually playing with players that are actually supposed to be at Russell and not from transfer schools.

And where were the others supposed to be? It's like kids are preordained to be in one spot and one spot only. Heaven forbid that a kid change schools because he has a better opportunity for himself. No rules were broken. I wonder where I'm supposed to be?! Are there any kids at the school you support that aren't supposed to be there?

Golf Rev good to hear from you again . You are correct those kids did at one time play for Rose Hill . But they also played for other schools before they went to Rose Hill. I wish we could have a 16th region basketball without people bringing up the transfers it happens at every school . We all need to just look in the mirror before we look at other schools.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

And where were the others supposed to be? It's like kids are preordained to be in one spot and one spot only. Heaven forbid that a kid change schools because he has a better opportunity for himself. No rules were broken. I wonder where I'm supposed to be?! Are there any kids at the school you support that aren't supposed to be there?

:thumb::thumb:

Well this year Russell is actually playing with players that are actually supposed to be at Russell and not from transfer schools.

Players who are "supposed" to be at Russell? What in the world does that mean? Like stated earlier, every team in the region over the past few years have had kids who transferred in. They aren't breaking any rules, so what's the problem? Let me ask you this, if a kid attends his first day of school in 1st grade at a particular school does that mean he or she is "supposed" to be at that school throughout his primary and secondary years?

Last year there were a number of players on several teams who had formerly been at Rose Hill. VanHoose and Austin Blair at Russell, Alex Barker at Fairview, Matt Thomas at Ashland, Gillums at Greenup, Mayo, Jamal Williams, and Michael Taylor at Huntington High to name a few.

Can you imagine what a team that would have been had they all stayed at Rose Hill :eek:

Sounds a little like the Eastern KY Stars AAU meets high school, after their multiple state AAU championships!!:D

Friday they host the running Musketeers of Greenup County.

Should be an interesting game. What many fail to realize because kids are not always committed to developing in the off season, even big schools have lean years. Not as much as small schools but it does happen. Russell parents and fans should get behind their coach and players and help build the system back to what it used to be. If Roger did it at a Football school in Ironton then it can be done at Russell.

Sounds a little like the Eastern KY Stars AAU meets high school, after their multiple state AAU championships!!:D

Those were the days!!! That was an incredible team and I have tons of fond memories from watching them. It seems like it was yesterday!! Everyone of them turned out to be great players for their respective teams. That's a tribute to their coach Brian LeMaster. If I was an AD and looking to hire a HC, my search would end with Brian LeMaster. Some school is going to be very happy if they ever decide to hire him as a HC. He's a future coaching star!!

Those were the days!!! That was an incredible team and I have tons of fond memories from watching them. It seems like it was yesterday!! Everyone of them turned out to be great players for their respective teams. That's a tribute to their coach Brian LeMaster. If I was an AD and looking to hire a HC, my search would end with Brian LeMaster. Some school is going to be very happy if they ever decide to hire him as a HC. He's a future coaching star!!

Brian Lemaster from Boyd Co?:confused: