Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 3 Dolphins 0

Featured Replies

It was dirty, I watched the wide angle 10 times, I will not concede my sentiment either way. And I generally root for the Steelers so I have no bones there.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you can dress it up in slow mo all you want and then some but I'll tell you there is more punching, grabbing, eye jabbing, and other stuff going on beneath a pile of players after a fumble. If its loose you go get it. Step on your mother if you have to it sometimes means you win or lose.

#1. The Timmons/Williams play WAS NOT dirty.

 

#2. I agree with OR, the Steelers should be embarrassed with their field...

#1. The Timmons/Williams play WAS NOT dirty.

 

#2. I agree with OR, the Steelers should be embarrassed with their field...

 

Oh my god twice in the same day:scared::D

  • Author
It was dirty, I watched the wide angle 10 times, I will not concede my sentiment either way. And I generally root for the Steelers so I have no bones there.

 

So, you're telling me that when you played, and you heard "BALL! BALL! BALL!" yelled loudly, indicating a loose ball on the field, the first thought that entered your or any of your teammates' mind was to get a cheap shot in on an opposing player? C'mon …

So, you're telling me that when you played, and you heard "BALL! BALL! BALL!" yelled loudly, indicating a loose ball on the field, the first thought that entered your or any of your teammates' mind was to get a cheap shot in on an opposing player? C'mon …

 

He didn't do it for a cheap shot.It was the only place close to him to get good traction to jump on the ball.If he hadn't done it he would probably have slipped and not recovered it.If Pittsburgh had a decent field it would not have happened.:lol:

  • Author
He didn't do it for a cheap shot.It was the only place close to him to get good traction to jump on the ball.If he hadn't done it he would probably have slipped and not recovered it.If Pittsburgh had a decent field it would not have happened.:lol:

 

Now that has some merit ... :lol:

Side note in the Enquirer today, Steelers plan no changes in the field for Sunday.

Side note in the Enquirer today, Steelers plan no changes in the field for Sunday.

No surprise in that.They want to slow them bengals down especially the receivers.:scared:

So, you're telling me that when you played, and you heard "BALL! BALL! BALL!" yelled loudly, indicating a loose ball on the field, the first thought that entered your or any of your teammates' mind was to get a cheap shot in on an opposing player? C'mon …

 

Nope....but I also feel he was going to step on Williams prior to his seeing the ball fumbled. The wide view is very convicting, IMHO.

I really only started this to take exception to the contention that Williams' shoulder getting stepped on was somehow a "dirty" play.

 

Ask yourself honestly: If you're Timmons, and you see the ball loose on the ground, are you really thinking, "Hey, I'm going to get a cheap shot in and then go after the fumble!" Of course not, and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

 

And to compare it to either the Vick stomp or the Haynesworth one is also ridiculous. Both of these happened after the play, not in the middle, when guys are taught to go full speed until the whistle blows. Williams was just unfortunate, nothing more.

 

I agree with you. It wasn't a cheap shot in any way. Just an unfortunate turn of events.

 

Needless to say, it has been a bad year for Miami. Murphy's Law is in effect with the Dolphins this year!

 

I'm hardcore & have been a fan since 1967. I just hope that they can turn it around in the next year or two.

  • Author
I agree with you. It wasn't a cheap shot in any way. Just an unfortunate turn of events.

 

Needless to say, it has been a bad year for Miami. Murphy's Law is in effect with the Dolphins this year!

 

I'm hardcore & have been a fan since 1967. I just hope that they can turn it around in the next year or two.

 

I hate seeing them and the Raiders down like that. I've always had a great deal of respect for both franchises from back in the '70s heyday.

Maybe the Fins will take Brian, at least that's my hope, my parents have four season tix for the Dolphins.

  • Author
Nope....but I also feel he was going to step on Williams prior to his seeing the ball fumbled. The wide view is very convicting, IMHO.

 

Timmons said stepping on Williams wasn't deliberate

 

"They really like Ricky Williams," Timmons said. "I even like Ricky Williams. When I was in high school, I used to pretend to be him."

 

"They said, 'You messed up our Ricky Williams,' and I didn't know what they were talking about," Timmons said. "They said, 'You didn't have to put him out for the season like that,' and I was like, what? I didn't know I stepped on him. I was looking at the ball the whole time. I didn't even feel it.

 

"I just had my eye on the ball."

 

"I would never do anything like that," Timmons said. "I'm not that kind of player. I have too much respect for Ricky Williams or any player to do that."

 

Torn muscle ends Ricky's season

 

From the Miami Herald article:

 

Digression: after reviewing the film, the Dolphins don't plan to complain to the NFL about the play because they believe Timmons' step was just an unfortunate accident as he headed for the loose ball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.