Lexington Catholic 35 Bell County 16 (4A)

Rebel

The better team won. But Bell had their chances. As mentioned earlier they could not get anything going in the first half and 4th quarter. Too many mistakes on the part of Bell to beat a better or even opponent. Guy for LC is the real deal and turned this game on his own, running the opening kickoff back set the tone with Bell having to do something they were not good at coming from behind.

I left with some change left in the 4th after Bell's last turnover but I doubt Isreal had 70 yards, he seemed to stop in the hole when a defender was close, although he is very quick.

Good luck to LC. Also Bell will be back next year with basically the same team.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to LexCath. They have a great football team. Just their overall speed, size and depth was impressive. The biggest play of the game may have been the 1st play when Merrick's kickoff fail just short of the endzone and Guy took it all the way to the 2. Bell did not seem to have good field position to start drives most of the 1st half and it was a factor early.

I thought Bell would be able to run the ball better, especially early on, than they did. LexCath IMO is going to walk through the next 2 games.

As for the Bell seniors, they have been a great group and have led this team to a great season! I just wish this game could have been played in the semis.

I would like to have seen Bell try to throw the ball with Nelson a little more in this game. I think a big turning point in the game was when #7 (Matt Raines) dropped a sure interception in the 2nd qaurter, which looked to have an almost clear path to the end zone toward the Lex Cath sideline. Did you happen to see that play Leonidas?

I would like to have seen Bell try to throw the ball with Nelson a little more in this game. I think a big turning point in the game was when #7 (Matt Raines) dropped a sure interception in the 2nd qaurter, which looked to have an almost clear path to the end zone toward the Lex Cath sideline. Did you happen to see that play Leonidas?

No I did not I was at the little boys room. But they said it hit him right in the chest???

The better team won. But Bell had their chances. As mentioned earlier they could not get anything going in the first half and 4th quarter. Too many mistakes on the part of Bell to beat a better or even opponent. Guy for LC is the real deal and turned this game on his own, running the opening kickoff back set the tone with Bell having to do something they were not good at coming from behind.

I left with some change left in the 4th after Bell's last turnover but I doubt Isreal had 70 yards, he seemed to stop in the hole when a defender was close, although he is very quick.

Good luck to LC. Also Bell will be back next year with basically the same team.

Israel had 125 yards and 3 TDs.

Yea he actually had plenty of time. He had his WR wideopen in the middle of the field. The defender just totally dropped a ball that hit him dead in the numbers.

Any opinions on the officiating tonight?????

I thought it was okay. The only play I really thought they messed up on was the catch made at the 10 yard line, or in that area, by LexCath before halftime to set up the score. I thought he was out of bounds. I could be wrong though. It doesn't really matter much. LexCath had the better team.

On the bright side Bell only loses 6 players! Atleast 4 freshmen played a lot fot Bell as well tonight. I believe 3 O-linemen were sophomores. And the junior class has a ton of good players. I'm excited about the future.

I havent seen Bell play this yr. I only listened to parts of the game.Does Zachary usually get that many snaps in a game. I thought Nelson had the starting position. Also how many touches did Christopher get tonite? In the past I remember him as being a go 2 guy.