Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbellsville 38 Williamsburg 36 (1A)

Featured Replies

The score doesn't reflect it, but this was one of the best defensive games I've ever seen. Williamsburg gave it away in the 4th quarter with penalties and turnovers. But, to Campbellsville's credit they took advantage of the mistakes. Just a great game by both teams. The reffs seemed a tad flag happy at times against both teams. But it was equally bad both ways I thought so ultimately no real effect in my opinion.

There's finally some justification for BGP putting Campbellsville in the pre-season top ten I guess - they made it to the final eight.

WHAT HAPPENED?

 

I had to go to bed (early shift) and listened to this game until the third quarter and the Jackets were in control. Sounds like everyone went on a scoring spree late.

Anyone who watched Campbellsville play so dismally last year has to be pleased with their resurgence this season. Way to go Eagles.

Anyone who watched Campbellsville play so dismally last year has to be pleased with their resurgence this season. Way to go Eagles.

 

2OT's built the score up. Very good ball game. Not sure if Cville can beat Hazard but they sure are athletic enough.

It was a great game by both teams, 0-0 at the half :eek:...W'burg was ahead 22-6 with 6 minutes to go in the 4th, C'ville came back and tied it to put the game on OT...Conrgats to Campbellsville and good luck...

This has to be a heartbreaking loss for the Jackets.............I thought they had it won several times only have Campbellsville fight back into it.

 

Congrats to Williamsburg on their great season!:thumb:

Jackets-Be proud. You overachieved all season. The team you were last night is sooo much better than the team you were week 1. Your accomplishments this year far exceeded expectations. That is a tribute to your work ethic and your desire. Coaches-Unbelievable job. What you got out of these young men, how you brought them along, the respect you've earned from them, you are a credit to your profession. The enitre Yellow Jacket football program did this school and community proud. Thanks for the memories, now let's take off the cleats, lace up the sneaks, and move to the hardwood.

All I have to say is Coach Herron got everything he could possibly get out of his team this season. In what was supposed to be a major rebuilding year for the jackets he some how managed to squeeze every once of talent out of his young kids. Right now I know the Jacket fans are hurting, but things look bright for next year. The Jackets return a lot of kids, which should be led by Sophmore Quarterback Ryan Moses (who broke the single season passing yards record at Williamsburg this season) and 4 returning recievers who collectively had 3,200 yards receiving(Aaron Brock with 1,200 of that yardage). My hats off to Campbellsville. They had every oppurtunity to lay down in this ball game. It was 22-6 with 6 minutes to go and they fought their tales off. The Jackets made to many mistakes in coverage down the stretch. The majority of the mistakes could be chalked up to inexperience in key positions. Good luck Campbellsville, we are routing for you! People in Jacket land you have reason to proud of how hard your kids fought, and you have a lot to look forward to in the future.

Penalties hurt also. W'burg was penalized for 180 yards.

Hats off to Williamsburg with their great season and to the coaches also. A well fought game on both ends and good luck to Campellsville.

The Lexington Herald had this game wrong! They had Williamsburg 38 and Campbellsville 36. Glad I checked online, cause I thought Hazard was going to play Williamsburg.

I turned the game off with 7 minutes left and Williamsburg was up 22-6. When I picked the Times Tribune up I couldnt believe it and thought it was an error.

 

One question for anyone who was at the game... Why was Williamsburg passing that late in the game with a 16 point lead deep in their own teritory? Moses was picking up good yardage, why not run the ball and punt if you have to? let the defense handle it, the defense played the best they had all year.

I turned the game off with 7 minutes left and Williamsburg was up 22-6. When I picked the Times Tribune up I couldnt believe it and thought it was an error.

 

One question for anyone who was at the game... Why was Williamsburg passing that late in the game with a 16 point lead deep in their own teritory? Moses was picking up good yardage, why not run the ball and punt if you have to? let the defense handle it, the defense played the best they had all year.

 

It was third and 20+ and Campbellsville went press 1 on 1 coverage . Williamsburg was struggling with their punting game most of the game, why not take a shot down field. The 14 points scored on coverage errors was the turning point in the game. Along with the number of penalties that hurt Williamsburg in the 2nd half.

Great game and great season for the Jackets. Campbellsville could have layed down but dug in and pulled this one out. Will Moses went out on his sheild like a warrior. He had a great game and will be sorely missed next year. 24 for Campbellsville is the best corner I have seen in several years. 6'3" with speed. He gave Brock fits in both matchups this year. Pettit grew up remarkably in the second half of the year. He will be a force next year. Rollins is the best player on the team but we miss this because he is hid inside. Campbellsville played hard and have a ton of talent. I don't know if they can matchup with Hazard but I hope they represent our district well and put the Bulldogs in the pound. The coaches from Campbellsville were class acts and I wish them and their kids luck until they come back to Findley Legion next year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.