Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How far will you go...

Featured Replies

Whitesburg Ky to Ft Thomas Ky

 

 

Per mapquest-Total Est. Distance: 227.56 miles one way.

Campbellsville to Hazard : 3 plus hours on a bus........................

They are saying Bardstown to Ft. Campbell = 3-3.5 hours.

Don’t forget the 10 minutes it will take to get through the gate after showing a valid drivers license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration and hopefully you don’t get picked for a random vehicle check or plan for about 20 minutes… :scared:

 

I have fully prepared myself for the possibility (likelihood) that I will be randomly selected. It's just how my luck works. :irked:

How far is Belfrys drive going to be?

 

About 3.5 hours in a car, more like 4+ in a bus.

So, are there any feelings that playoffs beyond the district playoffs, (game #2) should be played at neutral sites? Ohio playoffs are played at neutral sites and it seems to work for them... Why should Kentucky be any different? Given that so many schools in Kentucky now have Field Turf - a neutral site that splits the drive time might be worth consideration.

 

I hope that Letcher County Central brings a sizeable crowd, however with the 3 1/2 hour one-way drive, I doubt they bring more than 200 fans. I am certainly not knocking LCC's fans, just stating the obvious. Perhaps a neutral site like, EKU, would be the best fit. Of course, I do not want this for this year as HHS has home field advantage! :D Next year HHS would not have as many playoffs at Cecil Memorial.

 

Take the 3rd and 4th round and play them on Saturday. You could actually have a double or triple header and would be able to watch several different Kentucky classifications play.

 

Any thoughts?....

It's a great set up Frankfort to LCA would be 35 minutes. Mayfield to Campbellsville would be less than Mayfield to Frankfort. Alot of common sense was put into thes alignments.

  • Author
So, are there any feelings that playoffs beyond the district playoffs, (game #2) should be played at neutral sites? Ohio playoffs are played at neutral sites and it seems to work for them... Why should Kentucky be any different? Given that so many schools in Kentucky now have Field Turf - a neutral site that splits the drive time might be worth consideration.

 

I hope that Letcher County Central brings a sizeable crowd, however with the 3 1/2 hour one-way drive, I doubt they bring more than 200 fans. I am certainly not knocking LCC's fans, just stating the obvious. Perhaps a neutral site like, EKU, would be the best fit. Of course, I do not want this for this year as HHS has home field advantage! :D Next year HHS would not have as many playoffs at Cecil Memorial.

 

Take the 3rd and 4th round and play them on Saturday. You could actually have a double or triple header and would be able to watch several different Kentucky classifications play.

 

Any thoughts?....

 

I have mixed emotions about this... Through the third round, a team has "earned" home field. However, for the semi's a team travels or stays home based on odd or even years.

 

I would love to see a Semi's Weekend (one east, one west) with maybe 1A-3A at one site, and 4A-6A at another.

 

Just a thought.

Mayfield going to either Cambellsville or Louisville Holy Cross would have been closer as the trip from door to stadium is 265.23 miles from my place to Frankfort's stadium

 

It's a great set up Frankfort to LCA would be 35 minutes. Mayfield to Campbellsville would be less than Mayfield to Frankfort. Alot of common sense was put into thes alignments.

My team is at home but I will make an 800 mile round-trip to watch their game. I did it last week and I will do it again next week if necessary.

  • Author

Who has the longest trip for the semi's

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.