Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oldham County

Featured Replies

I saw where Oldham is in the King of the Bluegrass in December. What information is out there on them. I know they are well coached and won there region last year but what do they have coming back for this season.

Great Point Guard in Eric Dunlap and Great Forward in Billy Payne. They will be pretty solid this year.

Their team was pretty young, if I recall. So they should be the favorite to repeat in the 8th. I'll know more when I see them in a couple weeks.

Dunlap and Payne should be a good 1-2 punch.

Always pretty good with Gary Forrest.

Its easy to be good in the 8th Region.....IMO the second weakest region in the state, hands down.

Its easy to be good in the 8th Region.....IMO the second weakest region in the state, hands down.
It's easy to be good in the 11th Region when you have an open border policy regarding possible " incoming prospects"....IMO.:sssh:
It's easy to be good in the 11th Region when you have an open border policy regarding possible " incoming prospects"....IMO.:sssh:

 

What school in the state does not have this policy? If a stud wants to transfer to your district would you turn them away?:walk: Back to the point, are you agreeing with the fact that the 8th is the second to last (wont use the word worst) region in the state?

What school in the state does not have this policy? If a stud wants to transfer to your district would you turn them away?:walk: Back to the point, are you agreeing with the fact that the 8th is the second to last (wont use the word worst) region in the state?

 

I totally disagree about the 8th Region being 2nd worst region in the state. Whether it is or not is totally irrelevant to this thread. I am an 8th Region fan, but could also care less about where the region "ranks" in the minds of other folks.

 

Your school won the State Championship last season because it had the most talent, period. Not because they "outworked" Oldham Co. or anyone else for that matter. Don't misunderstand, Coach Hicks does a supurb job with his kids, and they play extremely hard.

 

By the way, what have you done to contribute to your school's success?

Thanks for asking, I build basketball talent on a daily basis.

Waterboy, you are way out of line here. The 8th Region is deeper than any region in the state. I would put Williamstown, Owen County, Spencer County, South Oldham -- teams like that -- against the top teams in any region.

Thanks for asking, I build basketball talent on a daily basis.
I do not doubt that you coach or "build" basketball talent, and I am sure you are very good at it. Let's get back on topic.

Oldham County is going to be grand, who will be their biggest competition in the 8th? What does Oldham's schedule look like, and big tournaments?

Oldham County is going to be grand, who will be their biggest competition in the 8th? What does Oldham's schedule look like, and big tournaments?
Biggest competition? In no particular order: Anderson Co.,Shelby Co., Gallatin Co.,Simon Kenton, South Oldham,etc...

I have not seen their schedule.

Here is their schedule ..of course some good teams are in the King of the Bluegrass also.

 

 

 

Ryle

Nelson County

Danville

Dixie Heights

Spencer County

Trimble County

TBA Henry County ( HCIT)

TBA Fairdale KOB

South Oldham

Woodford County

Australian Travel Team

Anderson County

North Oldham

Simon Kenton

Bullitt East

Grant County

Shelby County

Western Hills

Carroll County

North Bullitt

Waggener

Gallatin County

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.