Morehead State signs 6-8 PF...

BigBlueFreak

Devon Carter from Rome High School in Rome GA.

MOREHEAD, Ky. - Devon Carter, a 6-8, 205-pound forward from Rome High School in Rome, Ga., has signed a national letter-of-intent to play basketball for Morehead State University.

Carter averaged 13 points and seven rebounds per game in 2006-07 as a junior

Coach Tyndall is really stepping up the talent level in the Head!:fight::fight::fight:

This is exactly how Gonzaga got started. The good players started showing up and buying what the coach was selling. Its looking bright for the future, IMO.

Tyndall is a fine recruiter.

Have you seen them play this year..we finally have some size and some athletic forwards...the Faried kid is going to be a dandy player, the more he plays the better he gets.

This is exactly how Gonzaga got started. The good players started showing up and buying what the coach was selling. Its looking bright for the future, IMO.

Tyndall is a fine recruiter.

I'm not hating at all but the situations are totally different -

Most of Zags talent was from within 200 miles of the school or at least from the state or neighboring states - Kentucky is just not big enough population wise and believe me after a year or 2 I find it unlikely top talent stays.....

I'm not hating at all but the situations are totally different -

Most of Zags talent was from within 200 miles of the school or at least from the state or neighboring states - Kentucky is just not big enough population wise and believe me after a year or 2 I find it unlikely top talent stays.....

Tyndall recruits from all over and he has the contacts across the county to do so. He's a top notch recruiter.

I have not seem them play but discussed their most recent game, a win, with someone who has been around all levels of college basketball for many years and his description of the game was this...."this game was between perhaps the two worst teams in all of college basketball"........He also said...."Morehead might win 5 games this year"........I was left to think they were not very good. Was I mis-informed?

I have not seem them play but discussed their most recent game, a win, with someone who has been around all levels of college basketball for many years and his description of the game was this...."this game was between perhaps the two worst teams in all of college basketball"........He also said...."Morehead might win 5 games this year"........I was left to think they were not very good. Was I mis-informed?

No disrespect, but it seems like someone that has seen that much basketball would have a little more basketball knowledge than that (unless he was being sarcastic) :thumb:

I'm no basketball guru but for someone to say that about Morehead State's team this year would have to be a complete idiot when it comes to judging how good or bad a team is.

So here is my question, MSU signs a 6'8, athletic PF, why is it UK CAN NOT land one?:madman:

I know that this guy is nowhere near the caliber player that would end up at UK, but still, on principle, it is frustrating. :irked:

And I can't wait to see how good MSU is in a couple years!!!

So here is my question, MSU signs a 6'8, athletic PF, why is it UK CAN NOT land one?:madman:

I know that this guy is nowhere near the caliber player that would end up at UK, but still, on principle, it is frustrating. :irked:

And I can't wait to see how good MSU is in a couple years!!!

Actually, this player is probably better than the 6'8 "athletic" guys we've had at UK lately.:thumb: