Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biggest upset?

What is the bigger upest? 62 members have voted

  1. 1. What is the bigger upest?

    • Gardner Webb beats down UK at Rupp
      30%
      19
    • Appalacian State beats Michigan
      64%
      40
    • other (please name because there have been many upsets)
      4%
      3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What is the biggest upset of the college season so far?

UK because I am a huge Kentucky fan.

Uk losing to what would be (football wise) considered one of the very worst teams in 1-AA . . . .Appy State is the reigning champ in 1-AA

Uk losing to what would be (football wise) considered one of the very worst teams in 1-AA . . . .Appy State is the reigning champ in 1-AA

 

I still think basketball is a sport where the improbable upset is more possible due to the game itself...one guy can carry a team in basketball...also a team can have an unbelievable, lights out shooting night or a team can do the exact opposite and not throw it in the ocean...

 

I'm not trying to defend UK losing to GW. I'm just saying I think App State going into the Big House was more improbable, IMO. You can make a good argument for either side, but for me, the actual setup of the sports (basketball vs. football) is the difference. I just think it's more likely that the little guy can pull of the miracle in basketball.

I still think basketball is a sport where the improbable upset is more possible due to the game itself...one guy can carry a team in basketball...also a team can have an unbelievable, lights out shooting night or a team can do the exact opposite and not throw it in the ocean...

 

I'm not trying to defend UK losing to GW. I'm just saying I think App State going into the Big House was more improbable, IMO. You can make a good argument for either side, but for me, the actual setup of the sports (basketball vs. football) is the difference. I just think it's more likely that the little guy can pull of the miracle in basketball.

But none of those things happened in the UK-GW game.
But none of those things happened in the UK-GW game.

 

GW shot 53.1% (26-49) and 47.1% (8-17) from long range...

 

UK shot 35.5% (22-62) and 31.6% (6-19) from long range...

 

GW's starting guards were 12-18 (66.7%) from the field and 5-9 (55.6%) from long range...

 

UK's big three perimeter players (Bradley, Meeks and Crawford) were 10-36 (27.8%) from the field and 3-14 (21.4%) from long range...

 

 

But, it doesn't matter...if you think it was a bigger upset than App State over Michigan I have no problem with. You can make a case for either. I just don't see it that way and it's got nothing to do with me being a UK fan.

The Michigan loss was huge.

I don't see how someone can pick the UK lost over the UM lost...I mean yeah UK losing to G.Webb is a very bad loss...However in football, that is a sport where it A LOT harder for a lesser team to beat a top team. I mean UM was suppose to be one of the top teams in the nation and contend for the title, and they go lose to a division 1AA team on their own home field. I mean in basketball you can have a day when one team can't make a shot and the other team cant miss. But in football, you need A LOT more to go your way to get a win. So what Appy. St. did in beating UM was definitely the bigger upset IMO. The UK lost though was a big one as well...

GW shot 53.1% (26-49) and 47.1% (8-17) from long range...

 

UK shot 35.5% (22-62) and 31.6% (6-19) from long range...

 

GW's starting guards were 12-18 (66.7%) from the field and 5-9 (55.6%) from long range...

 

UK's big three perimeter players (Bradley, Meeks and Crawford) were 10-36 (27.8%) from the field and 3-14 (21.4%) from long range...

 

 

But, it doesn't matter...if you think it was a bigger upset than App State over Michigan I have no problem with. You can make a case for either. I just don't see it that way and it's got nothing to do with me being a UK fan.

We got taken to the woodshed!!! And in the long run,it might not be a bad thing. A wake-up call in November..Let's hope they learn from it!!

I voted "other" and am going with the UK over LSU football game as the biggest upset in college this year.

 

Next I'd have to go with the entire football nation beating the snot out of Notre Dame.

 

Then I guess it would have to be the Cats embarassing loss to Gardner Webb.

If anyone says ANYTHING besides the Appy State win over Michigan in football then they're crazy.

 

That one loss knocked Michigan out of possible chance to go to the BCS title game. For UK, they could still rebound and win the National Title because basketball isn't about letting computers and polls decide who is going to be playing for the title.

Folks, when I said they could, I am not meaning that they're going to...it was just a hypothetical example.

Nothing close to A. State and Michigan.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.