November 6, 200718 yr Personally I wish we could stop making this season about Tubby. We need to make this season about BCG and the young men wearing blue... ...THE KENTUCKY WILDCATS. :thumb::thumb: Best Post On This Thread!! :thumb::thumb:
November 6, 200718 yr B is what we will hear C is what we should hear :thumb: I also agree with this one. (dang I keep forgetting about the multi - quote button :irked::lol:)
November 6, 200718 yr If UK comes out 7-3 from the first 10 i will be impressed and say Billy is doing a good job.
November 6, 200718 yr I hope Billy G can win a Final 4, so I can say..................... HE DID IT WITH TUBBY'S PLAYERS :D :D :D :lol: I hoping that happens to for a few reasons. Number 1 obviously is because UK made the final four!! Number 2 would be to say that he done it with Tubby's players...I can almost guarntee that the people who were saying the 98 Title wasn't Tubby's and just give credit to Pitino since it was his players. Still Would not give any credit to Tubby though if Billy G does have a great year with these players who were Tubbys... For the record if we make the final four, I would say it was Billy G final four team, just like 98 was Tubby's championship!
November 6, 200718 yr Number 2 would be to say that he done it with Tubby's players...I can almost guarntee that the people who were saying the 98 Title wasn't Tubby's and just give credit to Pitino since it was his players. Still Would not give any credit to Tubby though if Billy G does have a great year with these players who were Tubbys... Did UK make the Final Four last year? The year before? WORLDS of difference between the UK Tubby inherited and the one BCG got.
November 6, 200718 yr Did UK make the Final Four last year? The year before? WORLDS of difference between the UK Tubby inherited and the one BCG got. Please explain how? So I mean a team the year before who made the final four and loses 2 lottery picks in Mercer and Anderson, and a great shooter and leader in Epps, should still be expected to make the final four and win the National Title. I mean Billy G. though is getting a team that really only lost one good player in Morris, so he is getting a team that has most of its talented players back. I mean this really is just funny. So you all would not give credit to Tubby for 98 and say it was Pitinos players. And if Billy G makes it to the final four, you wouldn't give the credit to Tubby for that then, since most of the players would be players he brought in. You all are funny, you can't have it both ways... Also for the record, the reason why Patterson is probably here at UK is because Tubby had him sold on UK. I mean if it wasn't for Tubby pretty much having Patterson for sure coming here before he left, then Billy G would have never have been able to still pull him in. So basically this whole team would be mostly players Tubby brought in... Like it or not the people who were coaching the 98 team and now this team would be the people who should get the credit. Tubby should get the credit for the 98 team, and Billy G should for this team. Or if your someone that thinks Tubby shouldn't get the credit for 98 since it was Pitinos players, then you shouldn't think Billy G. should get the credit if he makes the final four this year, since it would be Tubby's players..
November 6, 200718 yr Please explain how? Seriously? A team coming off back to back title games vs. a team that hasn't been to the final four in a decade. Sheppard, Mohammed, Padgett, Turner, Magloire vs Crawford, Bradley, Meeks, Jasper, Patterson.
November 6, 200718 yr Did UK make the Final Four last year? The year before? WORLDS of difference between the UK Tubby inherited and the one BCG got. Do we really think we're going to discussing this in March?
November 6, 200718 yr Seriously? A team coming off back to back title games vs. a team that hasn't been to the final four in a decade. Sheppard, Mohammed, Padgett, Turner, Magloire vs Crawford, Bradley, Meeks, Jasper, Patterson. I would like this match-up. I really would because that is 3 High-School stars, a solid point guard and possibly one of the top 3 Sophomores in the country for BCG. I don't think the score would be that one sided. I am not saying that this UK team will make the final four, but I have seen teams A LOT WORSE make it. I am just making the argument that Tubby should and does, get the credit from the people that matter for his National Championship. If BCG wins a title or has great success this year I will give him his credit.
November 6, 200718 yr I think it's going to be a mess on here regardless. Cats get off to a great start and Tubby will get bashed and saying how Billie is winning with his players. Cats get off to a horrid start everyone would be saying that Tubby left the kitchen empty and Billie can only win if he gets time to get his players. I think it will be all three at different points in the year as well. I think a majority of people here can agree it's going to take a year or two for Billie to get his players in and get things going. Goodness knows I'm going to enjoy watching the ride here on the board. :lol:
November 6, 200718 yr Seriously? A team coming off back to back title games vs. a team that hasn't been to the final four in a decade. Sheppard, Mohammed, Padgett, Turner, Magloire vs Crawford, Bradley, Meeks, Jasper, Patterson. Seriously how do you not understand. I mean it really is a simple concept here. I mean if you think Tubby's Championship doesn't count since it was with Pitinos players, then if Billy G accomplish's anything this year then it doesn't count since it was with Tubby's players..I mean you are smarter than that, what happened the year before MEANS NOTHING to what happens in the current year. Say if Billy G made it to the final four this year, he would have done it with players that he did not bring in on his own. That means he was not the one who put together this final four team. Doesn't mean crap what happened the year before... Why should Billy G get rewarded for it, if you all don't think Tubby should have. I mean lets look at this before Tubby got to UK, I believe his best NCAA finish with his own players was sweet 16. And well hmmm what is Billy G's best finish with his own players? Oh that is right a sweet 16. So if Billy G makes the final four this year with Tubby's players, why should that make his accomplishment any better than Tubby's. Because he would not have proven that he can do it with his own players.... As I said before both Coaches should get credit for their teams. Tubby for 98 and Billy G for this year if he has a successful year. Because both of the coaches were the ones who were going through summer practices, the ones that made adjustments throughout the season, making changes through the games, and deciding when and how to sub people in games. They were the ones who had their philosphy's used in the games...So as I said before you cant have it both ways. You cant dismiss Tubby's championship since he had Pitinos players, and then give the credit to Billy G if he makes the final four since he would have had Tubbys players..
November 7, 200718 yr I will agree if Billy Clyde wins it this year it will be his team.......Tubby inheritted a team that one a national championship in 96 and close in 97....Tubby LEFT us with almost nothing.
November 7, 200718 yr I will agree if Billy Clyde wins it this year it will be his team.......Tubby inheritted a team that one a national championship in 96 and close in 97....Tubby LEFT us with almost nothing. So your saying that 98 Championship wasn't Tubby's since it was Pitino's players. But if say Billy G makes the final four this year that he gets all the credit, even though it would pretty much be all Tubby's players?..What happened in the years before mean nothing people. Yeah great the 96 and 97 teams made the finals, but that doesn't mean the 98 team would, it was a whole new year..I mean Florida made it to the finals back to back years, so I guess this years team is championship caliber then just because they made it to the finals back to back years and are on top of the mountain right now...The fact is if you all want to use this argument, fine Tubby won with Pitinos players. But if Billy G does say make the final four then you have to say well he won it with Tubby's players, because he would not have been the one who put the team together...As I said before you can't have it both ways people...
November 7, 200718 yr I agree. Even though I wasn't a big Tubby fan, he still coached the team to the championship. Sure Pitino recruited most of the players but he didn't coach the team. To me Tubby won it. Not Rick.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.