PRP v. Manual

Diogenes

PRP v. Manual - who wins?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. PRP v. Manual - who wins?

Manual, ranked 6th in last week's Lit ratings, takes on Lit ratings' eighth ranked PRP in one of the premier Jefferson county playoff games this weekend. Can Manual shake the lingering emotion of the Male game and focus on this rematch with PRP? Did PRP's murderous schedule (Indianapolis Cathedral, Trinity and X) overtax them or prepare them for a playoff run? Who wins, by how much, and why?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is much nicer coming into the playoffs with a win against Male. Usually the let down of that game is to much for the Rams to stay focused in the Playoffs.

Manual gave PRP one of their more lopsided losses this season (34-6). While the margin might not be as high I still expect Manual to come away with the victory.

It is much nicer coming into the playoffs with a win against Male. Usually the let down of that game is to much for the Rams to stay focused in the Playoffs.

Manual gave PRP one of their more lopsided losses this season (34-6). While the margin might not be as high I still expect Manual to come away with the victory.

I agree.

I agree.

I agree as well. I can guess PRP will try quite a bit harder in this one, and with Manual itching for a St. X rematch they might forget what happened in 2001. This is probably going to be a pretty close game.

GO RAMS!!! NEVER FORGET THE '01 RUN (or lackthereof)!!!

Is Smith playing for Manual?

Rhayven was held out of the Bullitt East game but returned for this past week against Male and was the Crimsons second leading rusher to DJ Hawk. I didn't see or hear than he had received any further injury, so I presume that he is in full health.

Manual should win this but there is potential for lack of focus slippage. Time for team captains to rally the troops and start the march. Unfortunatly Manual does not have a map past game one.... this could be the year to change that.

They beat Meade last year to advanced to round two where your Tigers pummelled them. Also my senior year in 02 we beat a North Hardin team with a forgotten QB called Woodson only to get beat by Male.

It's REALLY hard to get past 2/3 of the big 3.

A number of times in the past I have gone out a limb for PRP and have been disappointed. Old habits are hard to break. I realize that PRP was drummed in their earlier meeting with Manual, but I also believe that Manual really got a difficult draw for this first round game. I have seen PRP play twice this season (St. X and Trinity) and although the scores do not reflect this, PRP showed potential to make the games much closer than they were. Manual, as mentioned above, will be coming off an emotional game, and may be looking ahead to a big rematch with a major rival. If the Rams' heads are not into the game, look for an upset.

The Rams need to be focused in this game. This sets up to be a trap game for Manual, if they are not careful.

PRP is one of the hardest hitting teams X played this year. They played a schedule that would be a challenge to the best of teams. Coach Wolfe knows what he's doing. This could be his time to prove it.

I don't know about others but I would see this as an upset should PRP manage to come away with the "W". I still think Manual wins. But, I'd like to see a hard fought, injury free, battle between these two good teams. Good luck to both teams.