• Scott
    • Highlands

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to Big Case getting the Eagles to the playoffs, however, the Clock will be running at the start of the second half. I see Highlands coming in hard for the first half and you may even see some starters in street clothes in second half, much to my dismay. I think that all players should stay dressed in full uniform until the end of the game unless they are injured. I have seen this in the past and really think that is sends the wrong message to all parties involved. I say that Highlands will do what they have to to be up by 45 at halftime. Casey will be smart and think of his players' safety since most of them probably play in other sports and will agree to run the clock.

Remember one thing Birds, Win or lose, do it with class, sportsmanship, dignity, and respect for your opponent.

Here is one thing that erks me on the topic of blowouts, why do the refs stop calling penalties when the game is out of reach? Does this not teach the players that its ok to commit penalties if you are getting blown out? No matter what the score, call everything, keep it fair!

Look out for the full bag of tricks from Scott. They won't wait until they are out of it to pull the old reverse-pass, on-side kicks, fake punts, tb pitch-pass, etc.... Nothing to lose so I believe they will open up the playbook WIDE! BEWARE BIRDS!!

Look out for the full bag of tricks from Scott. They won't wait until they are out of it to pull the old reverse-pass, on-side kicks, fake punts, tb pitch-pass, etc.... Nothing to lose so I believe they will open up the playbook WIDE! BEWARE BIRDS!!

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just mad that I actually had to search for this thread and after reading the other games' threads, now I know where all the posters are. Guess I understand. Well, I am sure next week will post atleast 5 pages on whomever HHS plays.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just mad that I actually had to search for this thread and after reading the other games' threads, now I know where all the posters are. Guess I understand. Well, I am sure next week will post atleast 5 pages on whomever HHS plays.

I agree with DMZ. Birds are taking Scott seriously and they need to. The last thing the Birds need is to overlook Scott, come out flat and allow Scott to hang around. The last game we got on Scott quick (returned the opening kickoff for a TD) and we need to do the same thing tonight. Otherwise we could have starters in for the full game. I want to get up big and quick and let the starters rest the second half. That's a big benefit in playing the 4 seed and if you don't take advantage of that benefit, woe is you.

I agree with DMZ. Birds are taking Scott seriously and they need to. The last thing the Birds need is to overlook Scott, come out flat and allow Scott to hang around. The last game we got on Scott quick (returned the opening kickoff for a TD) and we need to do the same thing tonight. Otherwise we could have starters in for the full game. I want to get up big and quick and let the starters rest the second half. That's a big benefit in playing the 4 seed and if you don't take advantage of that benefit, woe is you.

I agree as well. While the score might not show it, Scott played their butts off and never gave up in the first meeting. Push the pedal down and don't let up until we're miles ahead. If you let Scott hang around, anything could happen. A bad call here or there and an injury or two and the 'Birds could be getting ready for basketball.