Rockcastle County 26 Whitley County 14

Rockcastle County leads the series 14-7 now. A fitting senior night saw the young Rockets score 3 unanswered touchdowns in the 3rd quarter.

TOTAL YARDS:

Rock: 473

Whitley: 263

TOTAL RUSHING:

Rock: 42-258

Whitley: 22-58 (7 yards in the 2nd half)

TOTAL PASSING:

Rock: 12-23-0 for 215 yards

Whitley: 12-24-3 for 205 yards

Penalties:

Rock: 4-20

Whitley: 4-27

Casey Hayes broke the school record that was set last year by Dusty Miller. Casey ran a 98 yard TD the previous record was 97, it was the same place as last year as well. Hayes has 18 carries for 162 yards, 2 TD's.

Whitley goes to 2-8 for the year, who would have thought Jim Black would have back to back seasons like that...

Perhaps he is a better coach when not much is expected of him. At Williamsburg 2-3 players could make the difference for his team. In this class he has to have a whole team.........Just wondering????

Perhaps he is a better coach when not much is expected of him. At Williamsburg 2-3 players could make the difference for his team. In this class he has to have a whole team.........Just wondering????

is that yet another knock at Williamsburg?

The Colonels have been competitive in the majority of their games and I believe with another year of experience will find a way to win these close games next year. They have played a gamut of good mountain coaches this year. Hilton, Larkey, Roark, Howard, and Mitchell. How many wins has this bunch accounted for?

Rockcastle County leads the series 14-7 now. A fitting senior night saw the young Rockets score 3 unanswered touchdowns in the 3rd quarter.

TOTAL YARDS:

Rock: 473

Whitley: 263

TOTAL RUSHING:

Rock: 42-258

Whitley: 22-58 (7 yards in the 2nd half)

TOTAL PASSING:

Rock: 12-23-0 for 215 yards

Whitley: 12-24-3 for 205 yards

Penalties:

Rock: 4-20

Whitley: 4-27

Casey Hayes broke the school record that was set last year by Dusty Miller. Casey ran a 98 yard TD the previous record was 97, it was the same place as last year as well. Hayes has 18 carries for 162 yards, 2 TD's.

Congratulations to Casey Hayes!!!!!!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Great game! Me and several others were at this game with our signs and spirit. Not for one minute did we believe Whitley County was going to win. I will have to say that the Whitley coach LOVES to gamble. He has tons of confidence in his QB, as he should. He made some good throws in that game.

Casey Hayes would not let his team lose another game. He stormed out of halftime and you could see a different player in him. He would not be denied by the first tackler after the half. I have to give the credit to the defense though. They are not of the same caliber as other Rockcastle defenses have been. Teams actually get past the 50 yard line on them :D But seriously this 2007 Rockets defense has a nack for the big play. Interceptions and fumble recoveries energize an offense and fan base and they did that against Whitley.

Now that the playoffs are next, I can finally say that I like Rockcastle's chances against Knox Central. Knox Central has struggled against some teams that they shouldn't. Many of the Rocket fans traveled to Madison Southern to watch their game against the Panthers. Knox Central looked terrible, and we saw that. It sounds weird to say it but Knox Central looked beatable :lol:

I look for Rockcastle to win by 5 against Knox. Sticking to the topic Whitley may only have 2 wins but they are still in the playoffs so the season isn't over. Don't hang your heads guys, because when the playoffs start everyone is perfect.

I thought both teams played hard and it was a good game. Whitley kept fighting, and I was impressed with the play of several of the younger kids for Whitley. The Inman kid came in at QB and he looks to be a good one for the Colonels in the future, Caddell played hard and made several big plays defensively. Rock has a nice team, I look for them to avenge the earlier loss to Knox Central. Turnovers hurt the Colonels again, had they not had the turnovers who knows how it may have turned out, but to the credit of the Rockets they made plays.

I have all the faith in world that Jim Black will get the job done at Whitley. He works hard and prepares his teams well. His freshmen and Soph classes are both big, with only 10 seniors and 7 juniors they will get better with time. The Colonels have a great work ethic, and I look for them to give a great effort in the first round of the playoffs. An play here and there are the difference between a better season and where the Colonels are at.

Good Luck Rockets as you enter the playoffs.

Keep you heads up Colonels and keep working, there is still football to be played.

Don't be suprised if Whitley does not match their regular season win total in the playoffs. Knox is not the same Knox team Rock played early. Knox will rollover pretty easily I would say.

The 1st game with Knox was the sorriest game I hve ever seen Rockcastle Co play. I know they have improved with the tough scedule they have played and have worked hard on blocking. It should still be a tough game. Knox plays tough defense. Rock will have to play their A game to win.