November 2, 200718 yr Author IU Basketball is boring just like this thread! You're not going to think that on December 8th....
November 2, 200718 yr Im a UK fan but i cant bash Bobby Knight!! I Love watching Bobby coach! I even cheer for Indiana when there not playing UK. I loved Bobby Knight's coaching (X's and O's) and watching his teams play as well. Knight is a great coach. Just was the other junk that I couldn't stand.
November 2, 200718 yr So this is all Boby Knights fault....:lol::lol::lol: I've heard it all now....done with this one....:lol::lol::lol:, I can't stop...:lol::lol::lol:....Classic...:lol::lol:.... You can do the :lol: all day. This has nothing to do with Bob Knight. I was simply saying Indiana should have done something about him a long time ago. With as good of a coach as he truly is, had they made him cut out some of the stupid things he did, Indiana's program would have probably never hit the skids like it did. Hey I'm 1 of the few UK fans on here not totally bashing Sampson.
November 2, 200718 yr UK's MySpace infractions were of the same level... Did UK received any sanctions (self imposed or otherwise) for the MySpace stuff? How about IU and Sampson's impermissible calls?
November 2, 200718 yr Author Did UK received any sanctions (self imposed or otherwise) for the MySpace stuff? How about IU and Sampson's impermissible calls? If you run a stop sign and get pulled over and don't get a ticket, but I run a red light and get pulled over and do get a ticket, are you any less of a criminal than me? No, it's the same level offense. How do you not get this? They are the same level infraction? Punishment aside, it's a LOW level infraction.
November 2, 200718 yr If you run a stop sign and get pulled over and don't get a ticket, but I run a red light and get pulled over and do get a ticket, are you any less of a criminal than me? How do you not get this? They are the same level infraction? Punishment aside, it's a LOW level infraction. Too bad the NCAA doesn't agree. Your coach is dirty, and your program is paying for it. Enjoy the sanctions.
November 2, 200718 yr Author Too bad the NCAA doesn't agree. Your coach is dirty, and your program is paying for it. Enjoy the sanctions.Those sanctions got us a Top 5 class and preseason #9 ranking. I think I'll live. The NCAA didn't sanction us, by the way, we sanctioned ourselves. :thumb:
November 2, 200718 yr I'm a diehard Big Blue fan, ... and I realize that given the history of infractions at UK, we Cats fans have no business ripping on a coach for this type of infraction given that history. We should just let it go and let those who need to deal with it do so. My only point of contention is that Sampson gets raked over the coals yet what did Eddie Sutton get for overseeing what happened on his watch at UK? A new job. What did Hal Mumme get for overseeing what happened on his watch at UK? A big paycheck from UK and a new job. Let me violate company policy and get my employer in that kind of trouble and have it written all over the national media and see how hard it will be for me to get a similar job to what I have. Coaches often get to walk away from the situation and let the universities and kids pay the price for their 'indiscretions'.
November 2, 200718 yr Author I'm a diehard Big Blue fan, ... and I realize that given the history of infractions at UK, we Cats fans have no business ripping on a coach for this type of infraction given that history. We should just let it go and let those who need to deal with it do so. YES!!!!!! SOMEONE GETS IT!!!!! Well said MT!
November 2, 200718 yr How is it well said? Those aren't infractions. And that coach was fired. UK fans brushed off the numerous infractions above by sying that those coaches are no longer here, you can't have it both ways... It was well said because what he listed was the truth. I wasn't asking to have it both ways, Strike3 posted his opinion and I simply agreed with his post. I didn't brush off anything so I am not included in your listing of the the UK fans you referred to. You are correct in that they were not NCAA infractions but the incidents he listed sure had lasting memories for the Indiana program.
November 2, 200718 yr YES!!!!!! SOMEONE GETS IT!!!!! Well said MT! Thanks, but let's be honest here, .... you have taken your swipes at UK and its fans, have you not. It does cut both ways. :sssh: There seems to be a lot of that going on even though we are advised against this in the BGP rules, moreso between some UK and UL fans.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.