Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UnOfficial BGP NBA Fantasy League Prediction/Opinions/Trade Talk

Featured Replies

HT, I'll assume you'll be living up to your end of the bargain?

 

Wasn't the bet in our other league? :D Send me what you want me to have. :cry:

  • Replies 74
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Tell me about it.

 

Smoked.

 

Things are looking up for my boys with the 9-0 win last week and I'm up 8-1 on Pat this week.

And the league winner is:

 

Regular Season: Richmond Bums------MEEEEE

Playoffs: Richmond Bums---------MEEEEEEEE

 

:banana: :banana: :ylsuper: :dancingpa

 

Ok enough self promotion, it was a really fun league and the final playoff match w/ BA40 was SUPER close. I hope everyone is back for the next season!

I am pretty happy with a 3rd place finish in my first ever NBA fantasy league :thumb:

  • Author
And the league winner is:

 

Regular Season: Richmond Bums------MEEEEE

Playoffs: Richmond Bums---------MEEEEEEEE

 

:banana: :banana: :ylsuper: :dancingpa

 

Ok enough self promotion, it was a really fun league and the final playoff match w/ BA40 was SUPER close. I hope everyone is back for the next season!

 

Yep, it was a tight one.

 

You know me and you RAN this thing this year. :lol:

Yep, it was a tight one.

 

You know me and you RAN this thing this year. :lol:

 

In the semifinals, I actually had a 5-4 lead over you for most of the week :sssh:

Stay tuned for a press announcement from the team president for the Richmond Bums................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks everyone for showing up today. I would like to congratulate all the teams that participated in the 2007-08 Richmond Bum invitational, errr I mean unofficial Bluegrass Keeper League. It was a fine season filled with memorable victories and heartbreaking defeats (for others of course, not me). I would also like to thank the team president and general manager EKUBUM for his wonderful support of the team and timely waiver wire pickups. Who knew he would be “assisting” his teams chances with the addition of Jose Calderon, or the timely production of a washed up Dikembe Mutumbo.

 

I would also like to congratulate BA40 for actually making me work to win in the end. It is nice to have a healthy competition to keep the interest level high.

 

A special assist goes out to Amare Stoudamire and Al Jefferson who turned out super seasons for my enjoyment, Monta Ellis for his rise to prominence, and Jason Kidd for being just good enough in assists and rebounds to make me forget his atrocious fg%.

 

Finally I would like to say I look forward to next year and will immediately begin to prepare my press announcement for my next title run. Thanks! Any questions?

 

“Mr. Bum….can you tell me how you were able to overcome so much adversity to win this league?”

 

I would be happy to answer that question. I was able to overcome this adversity by staying strong and keeping the faith in my players. I also learned that if I had to cut bait with a worthless player, regardless of name value, I sent him home to his family.

 

“This question of for the team president. How do you plan to continue this winning tradition?”

 

That is a fine question indeed. First of all I will need to set my keepers up for the next season to make sure I have a solid foundation. I have a good feeling about who those players will be. After that I will evaluate my competition and decide my draft strategy. I noticed that you used the word tradition…I wouldn’t call it a tradition yet as it was just the first season, but if we are having this conversation next year then maybe we can talk!

 

Moderator: One final question:

“Mr. Bum….any words of advice to your competitors?’

 

Hmmmm.. that is a tough one. On the one hand I did basically destroy the competition other than the team I met in then finals, however, I am unsure if I should give them some bits of wisdom that they could actually take and use. You know what, I’m a nice guy, I will give a couple of quick hints:

1. Build your team to finish 2nd, don’t waste your time trying to reach the echelon that I’m currently playing on.

2. Don’t get discouraged when you lose a week or two. Remember that it happens to everybody (not me of course, but everyone else). Keep your head up and press forward.

3. Lastly I would add that there isn’t one lone strategy for winning a fantasy league. Many different players can apply many different techniques to win. Find the one that works for you and stick with it.

 

Everyone have a great off-season!

 

 

 

Clearly I'm must messing around, hope nobody takes it serious!

  • Author
In the semifinals, I actually had a 5-4 lead over you for most of the week :sssh:

 

What was the final score? :sssh:

 

Like I said, the two of us ran it.

Across the board, this is the worst fantasy season I've ever had. It's pathetic, really.

Tomorrow I will write down rosters for everyone and we will lock those unless you want to trade.

  • Author

Would be good for you to put it in a Word or Excel document and email it to everyone if they could send you their email addresses.

 

Yeah, you really were pretty bad this year. Me on the other hand, I ran away with my other league in which UKPat finished either last or next to last, and did pretty good in this one as well.

Would be good for you to put it in a Word or Excel document and email it to everyone if they could send you their email addresses.

 

Yeah, you really were pretty bad this year. Me on the other hand, I ran away with my other league in which UKPat finished either last or next to last, and did pretty good in this one as well.

 

Good idea. If everyone could pm me their emails, then I will get that document sent out to everyone.

What was the final score? :sssh:

 

Like I said, the two of us ran it.

 

Yeah, you got me on the weekend. I have a much clearer idea of how fantasy basketball works now. I had alot of fun with this league. :thumb:

  • Author

Waiting on those rosters. Am I going to have to pick up your slack like I didn in our football league?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.