Fulton City - Lone Oak Battle of Unbeatens

Toothpick

Who wins?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I see the Flash winning this one going away. It may be a ballgame early on but I just don't see FC stopping the air assault for 4 quarters. Also, most people don't realize how Lone Oak's run defense has improved. Unless FC can pass the ball & control the game by keeping LO offense off the field, it will be a long night. It should be a playoff type atomsphere at Flash Field with the winner getting some momentum heading into the playoffs.

The X factor for this game is the weather. If it's raining hard the LO passing game could have problems. It will be interesting to see what LO turns to for offense. Rain could tip this one in favor of Fulton City.

You make a very valid point, but if LO is as good as thier record and stats then they have to find a way to win poor weather. I believe they will, but FC surprised a lot of people last week and might surprise more this week. Should be an interesting game.

Well I was wondering when this thread would start.

Everyone said last week that the Mayfield game would be a blow out. Well I think that IF the FC boys can hold on to the ball longer this game will be close. The main problem that FC has is that most players play both ways and that will cause problems defending against the passing game.

I also think the cold weather will be a problem for both teams.

Good luck to both teams.

If they play well this is probablly the best secondary Robison has seen yet. They are deffinatley the most athletic. Daeron is all over the field at saftey. The ground attck vs. the air raid. I still think Lone Oak will win this game but the Bulldogs deserve respect. We will see hoe good robinson is in the wet and cold environment this friday night. But i tthink he will rise to the occasion and show people that he deserves some mr. football votes. but daeron will try and do the same thing

LO-42

FC-34

Fulton City is a very solid Class A team and have a few really good athletes. At least 3 of these kids have the ability to play at the next level...The only thing they lack is depth, especially in the line...They have pretty decent size but the majority go both ways and that could hurt them against a team like Lone Oak, who will have them on there heals through the air... I think FC has a good enough offense to score 2-3 TDs and they go for 2 every time because of a lack of a kicking game and they will make it the majority of the time...Lone Oak will undoubtably make some big plays and score quite a bit themselves. I think Mayfield, with a healthy Armstrong at QB and there center playing, would have scored a couple more times against them as they seemed to control the line for the most part, from qtr 2 till the last minute or 2 of the game... I think FC will compete for awhile but get worn down in the 2nd half, so, I like Lone Oak to pull away...42-24...