Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Williamsburg

Featured Replies

What does Williamsburg need to do to improve in 2007/2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that they have any seniors this year. Will the youth of the team hurt?

I think that Williamsburg has the potential to win 8-12 ballgames this year. I believe that they have one senior Colton Terry! If they can find a leader and pull all the parts together, it should be a fun year. If they get selfish it will be a long year! Their front court will be 6'4 and 6'7, their backcourt could be one of the quickest they have had. They have the potential to be as many as 5 deep off the bench. I think that a two maybe even three freshmen and an eighth grader has the potential to see playing time at the varsity level. I also know that they field a big team, a true freshman team, JV team, and a varsity team this year, that has not been done in a long while.

If Williamsburg can pull their pieces together and can play as a team they will be competitive. As with many young teams one of the hardest things to do is to pull them together and play as a team. Williamsburg has as a lot of potential. The difference in the potential they have to other schools is Williamsburg's kids are only now getting used to working hard and wanting to earn their spot and respect in the area. It will be a solid year for them. Their size is something that you cannot teach and this will be a mismatch for many teams.

I think that Williamsburg has the potential to win 8-12 ballgames this year. I believe that they have one senior Colton Terry! If they can find a leader and pull all the parts together, it should be a fun year. If they get selfish it will be a long year! Their front court will be 6'4 and 6'7, their backcourt could be one of the quickest they have had. They have the potential to be as many as 5 deep off the bench. I think that a two maybe even three freshmen and an eighth grader has the potential to see playing time at the varsity level. I also know that they field a big team, a true freshman team, JV team, and a varsity team this year, that has not been done in a long while.

 

I have heard that the Barton kid who transferred from Corbin may get to play varsity this year as an 8th grader. Is he the 8th grader you are talking about? Are they trying to establish his eligibility at Williamsburg by playing him this year or is he really ready to compete at that level? I'm not trying to throw stones as it is the smart move on their part to go ahead and play him this year, but I can't really see him as being ready yet.

The Barton kid is said to be moving up to play with the high school. I look to see him playing mostly in the freshman and JV games. I don't think that his eligibility has anything to do with it. Especially since the KHSAA passed a new rule that now says 8th graders fall into the eligibility rule. So basically all 8th graders and above are considered high school. In bartons case it would not matter if he moves up or not. Barton may not be ready to play big minutes in a varsity game but he is for sure in Willamsburg's top 12 or 13 players. By the time the season starts you never know.

The Barton kid is said to be moving up to play with the high school. I look to see him playing mostly in the freshman and JV games. I don't think that his eligibility has anything to do with it. Especially since the KHSAA passed a new rule that now says 8th graders fall into the eligibility rule. So basically all 8th graders and above are considered high school. In bartons case it would not matter if he moves up or not. Barton may not be ready to play big minutes in a varsity game but he is for sure in Willamsburg's top 12 or 13 players. By the time the season starts you never know.

 

I thought the rule was for 8th graders that play varsity, not for all 8th graders. I don't believe that it will matter, as much as his dad wants him at Corbin, his mom is calling the shots. I will be pulling for and expect the Jackets to have a much improved team this year.

W'burg will be very young again this year, but I think they can win 8-10 games...IMO gaurd play will be the key for the Jackets, if there is any improvement there 10 wins might happen...I look for the Teague kid to have a big year...

I think that Williamsburg has the potential to win 8-12 ballgames this year. I believe that they have one senior Colton Terry! If they can find a leader and pull all the parts together, it should be a fun year. If they get selfish it will be a long year! Their front court will be 6'4 and 6'7, their backcourt could be one of the quickest they have had. They have the potential to be as many as 5 deep off the bench. I think that a two maybe even three freshmen and an eighth grader has the potential to see playing time at the varsity level. I also know that they field a big team, a true freshman team, JV team, and a varsity team this year, that has not been done in a long while.

Did the Terry boy play last year? I didn't think Williamsburg had any juniors last season.

W'burg will be very young again this year, but I think they can win 8-10 games...IMO gaurd play will be the key for the Jackets, if there is any improvement there 10 wins might happen...I look for the Teague kid to have a big year...

 

Williamsburg is said to be a young team again this year but actually they are not all that young. From watching last year, the starting line-up should be made up of mostly juniors with a few sophomores that should be juniors. Plus, because of Williamsburg’s small school size, these juniors and sophomores have been playing varsity ball for awhile now. Technically they have more experience than most seniors who have only saw varsity time in limited quantities. I am a fan of the Williamsburg team and I wish them only the best this season. Good group of kids.

I have heard that the Barton kid who transferred from Corbin may get to play varsity this year as an 8th grader. Is he the 8th grader you are talking about? Are they trying to establish his eligibility at Williamsburg by playing him this year or is he really ready to compete at that level? I'm not trying to throw stones as it is the smart move on their part to go ahead and play him this year, but I can't really see him as being ready yet.

The kid has been there a couple of years and lives with his mother in the district for that time frame. What point are you trying to make in that your point guard the last 2 years lived in Williamsburg?

The kid has been there a couple of years and lives with his mother in the district for that time frame. What point are you trying to make in that your point guard the last 2 years lived in Williamsburg?

 

It's actually a pretty simple question, not trying to make a point, just wondering what the W'burg folks on here thought since several others that I know suspect this is a part of the reason. Probably a very smart move if you ask me.

 

The word at Corbin is that his dad wants him to go to Corbin where his dad, uncles & grandfather all played. If he plays varsity at W'burg this year it would be a lot less likely to occur as he would have to sit out a year after playing varsity. I really expect him to stay at W'burg and would likely not see the floor on Corbin's varsity anyway until his sophomore or junior year.

Barton must have really improved to be a varsity player in the 8th grade. What kind of numbers has he put up in middle school action the past year? When he was at Corbin, I am not so sure he was even one of the top five or six players in his age group at that time.

Williamsburg is said to be a young team again this year but actually they are not all that young. From watching last year, the starting line-up should be made up of mostly juniors with a few sophomores that should be juniors. Plus, because of Williamsburg’s small school size, these juniors and sophomores have been playing varsity ball for awhile now. Technically they have more experience than most seniors who have only saw varsity time in limited quantities. I am a fan of the Williamsburg team and I wish them only the best this season. Good group of kids.

 

Exactly who are the sophomores that should be juniors. I know for a fact that Taylor, Pettit, Terry and Fleenor are true sophomores. All four of these guys are still 15. I'm glad your a Williamsburg fan, but please get the facts right.:confused:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.