Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Williamsburg

Featured Replies

The bad news for Williamsburg in the 2008-2009 season is that Corbin will be very, very good and returns 4 starters, Whitley will probably return all 5 and South Laurel should have 3 back along with several good players waiting in the wings. The 50th district will be loaded in 2008-2009.

 

 

Very true, but strange things happen sometimes. I was trying to be positive and take the high road on things.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know injuries happen during basketball and I don't want to get into a debate about which sport causes more serious injuries (twisted ankle versus back injury). That was not my point. My point was that playing football does not help basketball. I mentioned exposure to injury as just one reason why. People keep arguing that football will make the kids more physical and that having success will only give them confidence. It is apples and oranges. Playing football does not make a kid more physical or confident on the basketball court. Except for Taylor, who has never lacked in confidence, several of the kids (Petit, Brock, Rains, etc. ) played football last year and I don't recall them being more physical or confident because of it. Thomas Frazier and Root were very good football players and had much success on the football field, but both struggled on the court last year. If Williamsburg is going to be a more physical team, it has to start with Coach Robinson in basketball practice. I heard Skip Prosser say that "It's not what you teach, but what you emphasize". If Coach Robinson wants the team to be more physical, he has to stress it at ever practice and build that mindset from there. It can't be built from the football field. If people are complaining about your kid playing football, tell them to get over it and be happy the football team is doing so well, but don't try and rationalize it by saying that it will make them better at basketball.

Yes, I know injuries happen during basketball and I don't want to get into a debate about which sport causes more serious injuries (twisted ankle versus back injury). That was not my point. My point was that playing football does not help basketball. I mentioned exposure to injury as just one reason why. People keep arguing that football will make the kids more physical and that having success will only give them confidence. It is apples and oranges. Playing football does not make a kid more physical or confident on the basketball court. Except for Taylor, who has never lacked in confidence, several of the kids (Petit, Brock, Rains, etc. ) played football last year and I don't recall them being more physical or confident because of it. Thomas Frazier and Root were very good football players and had much success on the football field, but both struggled on the court last year. If Williamsburg is going to be a more physical team, it has to start with Coach Robinson in basketball practice. I heard Skip Prosser say that "It's not what you teach, but what you emphasize". If Coach Robinson wants the team to be more physical, he has to stress it at ever practice and build that mindset from there. It can't be built from the football field. If people are complaining about your kid playing football, tell them to get over it and be happy the football team is doing so well, but don't try and rationalize it by saying that it will make them better at basketball.

 

Sorry to say, but sounds like you are the one that has a problem with Football players coming to play basketball. As I recall Frazier had good success at basketball last year. Don't recall Pettit and Frazier getting knocked around as much as some of our other big men. Wonder why????

:rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with kids playing football. I'm not bad mouthing the kids or football. I only mentioned names to make a point. If you will go back and read my earlier post, I stated that if a kid wants to play football, he has every right to and should and I pointed out that Wburg is a small school and has to share the athletes. I don't like hearing people complain about the kids being in football either. My point is only that playing football does not make you a better basketball player. The skill sets are independent of each other. I just felt like you were trying to defend a kid playing football when you shouldn't have to. The reason Frazier and Petit (both are great kids) were more physical last year than other kids was not because they played football. Other kids played football and were not as physical on the court. Those two didn't get knocked around as much because they are big, strong kids that are naturally aggressive. Those two would have been more physical than others even if they had not played football.

Sorry to say, but sounds like you are the one that has a problem with Football players coming to play basketball. As I recall Frazier had good success at basketball last year. Don't recall Pettit and Frazier getting knocked around as much as some of our other big men. Wonder why????

:rolleyes:

 

Low blow, Luvbasketball. :confused:

Low blow, Luvbasketball. :confused:

 

Seems like alot of people are hitting below the belt lately?????;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.