Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brian Brohm, ZERO regrets....

Featured Replies

There is no way he will be the number 1 pick!

 

Why not?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wonder if BB can swing a package deal, you know, get Jeff a OC job at the team the signs him... Get Greg a job as Operations Manager and get O a job as Ticket/Marketing director.... All are highly qualified, what a package it would be.....

 

 

Your horns are showing Riverside!

Why not?

 

I think having had fairly major injuries in '05 and '06, combined with less than proto-typical size, both work against him for the next level. That being said, his football IQ is off the charts, so I certiainly don't think he'll slip out of the 1st round.

Has a true number 1 really emerged yet, I mean like is there a hands down fave to be the no. 1 pick? Brohm has just as good a shot as anyone, I see him as a top 10 for sure!

  • Author
At this point of the season, can you honestly say that his earning potential has risen compared to the start of the season when he was projected as the NO. 1 pick ?

 

He still seems to be a lock to be in the Top Ten right now....last year was a question mark, that's what he told me, and I am sure that's a lot of why he came back as well.

I mean other than his team not doing good, whats made his stock drop? He's not been injured, he's putting up some very impressive numbers and he's shown a lot of moxy this year. Whats not to like? I'm not even on the UL side of the states rivalry but he's got the goods for sure. I'd feel safer as an NFL GM choosing him over Woodson, but I think both will make good NFL QB's, we just know that BB is accustomed to the lime light

  • Author
Maybe I'm living in a shell, maybe I think some of you guys are dreaming...... Just dont see how BB is the No. 1 Pick. Yes, he is a gifted athlete however, I just dont see him increasing his value with the Losses and INT's he has put up lately. Sure, we all know that the Car 's have no D. But the games against Syracuse and Utah, the Offense struggled early and was partially responsible for the hole the team was in.... Yes, they almost came back. I think his lack of mobility, and willingness to run coupled with his questionable durability have to weight against him in the final analysis. He will be drafted high, we will make $,$$$,$$$.$$ but he wont be the No. 1 pick, JMHO.

 

He has 4 int's with 20 td's...in 250+ attempts, that's not too shabby....he has proven his mettle mainly by adjusting to a new coach, adjusting to a new playing style (coming from behind)....he has proven his play calling ability for sure. I am not saying he will be #1, but he will likely go higher than Amobi did last year, that is better than last year, IMO.

I feel like we're having this Brian Brohm "where will he be drafted" argument in about 917 threads. I have a "friendly" with Ram2003 that Woodson will be drafted first and I still feel good about that. Call me crazy (cue Stickymitts), but I don't think the Combine is gonig to be Brian's friend.

  • Author
I think having had fairly major injuries in '05 and '06, combined with less than proto-typical size, both work against him for the next level. That being said, his football IQ is off the charts, so I certiainly don't think he'll slip out of the 1st round.

 

Peyton Manning - 6'5", 230 lb

Tom Brady - 6'4", 225 lb

Brett Favre - 6'2, 222 lb

John Elway - 6'3", 215 lb

Warren Moon, 6'3", 212 lb

Fran Tarkenton, 6'0", 190 lb

Vinny Testaverde, 6'5", 233 lb

Drew Bledsoe, 6'5", 238 lb

Dan Fouts, 6'3", 204 lb

Joe Montana, 6'2", 200 lb

Johnny Unitas, 6'1", ??? lb

Jeff George, 6'4", 218 lb

Brady Quinn, 6'3", 235 lb

 

 

Brian Brohm, 6'4", 228 lb

 

His injuries, one being major, the other being more freaky than major, are 100% healed, I actually think that he is bigger, stronger, faster than ever before. I know he is in the best shape of his life.

Brohm is a very good QB, no doubt about that. However, the thing that stuck out to me this year as far as his NFL prospects was that jump ball he threw at the end of the UK game. The NFL is big on arm strength and for him to not be able to get that ball to the end zone was shocking to me.

Peyton Manning - 6'5", 230 lb

Tom Brady - 6'4", 225 lb

Brett Favre - 6'2, 222 lb

John Elway - 6'3", 215 lb

Warren Moon, 6'3", 212 lb

Fran Tarkenton, 6'0", 190 lb

Vinny Testaverde, 6'5", 233 lb

Drew Bledsoe, 6'5", 238 lb

Dan Fouts, 6'3", 204 lb

Joe Montana, 6'2", 200 lb

Johnny Unitas, 6'1", ??? lb

Jeff George, 6'4", 218 lb

Brady Quinn, 6'3", 235 lb

 

 

Brian Brohm, 6'4", 228 lb

 

A. We'll see.

 

B. I don't think he is 6'4". Want a "friendly" he comes in at about 6' 2 and 3/4" in socks at the Combine?

 

C. We'll see.

 

D. I'll be easy to find if he does go #1 or if his height isn't discussed next March. :D

Brohm is a very good QB, no doubt about that. However, the thing that stuck out to me this year as far as his NFL prospects was that jump ball he threw at the end of the UK game. The NFL is big on arm strength and for him to not be able to get that ball to the end zone was shocking to me.

 

 

Also a point we've made in 18 of these threads. :thumb: ;)

  • Author
Call me crazy (cue Stickymitts), but I don't think the Combine is gonig to be Brian's friend.

I don't think that you are crazy, but this is actually where I think he will compleetely blow the socks off the scouts. His arm strength has definately improved. Mainly with velocity. We all know that he can make all the throws....maybe not 70+ yards, but who really cares about that? Lastly, his psychological and wonderlic scores, I would imagine, will be quite impressive.

  • Author
A. We'll see.

 

B. I don't think he is 6'4". Want a "friendly" he comes in at about 6' 2 and 3/4" in socks at the Combine?

 

C. We'll see.

 

D. I'll be easy to find if he does go #1 or if his height isn't discussed next March. :D

 

I am right at 6'2" barefoot...right there....I look up to him...maybe one inch, maybe an inch and a quarter...I don't know. It is clear by that list, that he has proto-typical size.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.