Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rowan County 23 Lawrence County 13

Featured Replies

  • Author
Goldsmith knows football but simply has lost his own fire and his ability to spread fire to the boys

 

It is hard to spread fire when you have adminstration and parents on you when you try to light the fire. Everyone that is not on the field needs to realize that football is not a Contact sport but a Collison sport. Let the Coaches yell at your kids for making a mistake or not practicing hard or playing hard, trust me it will make them a better person.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard to spread fire when you have adminstration and parents on you when you try to light the fire. Everyone that is not on the field needs to realize that football is not a Contact sport but a Collison sport. Let the Coaches yell at your kids for making a mistake or not practicing hard or playing hard, trust me it will make them a better person.

 

:thumb:

 

Politics are a huge problem for this football team.

LC needs to make a change. It simply isn't getting done right now.

It is hard to spread fire when you have adminstration and parents on you when you try to light the fire. Everyone that is not on the field needs to realize that football is not a Contact sport but a Collison sport. Let the Coaches yell at your kids for making a mistake or not practicing hard or playing hard, trust me it will make them a better person.

 

It has been said many times that the administration does not support this team and staff. I disagree. This community has several outspoken critics of this administration and try to blame them for everything. One way to get more people on your bandwagon is to blame them for the demise of your sports programs. Well I'm pretty sure all programs are treated equally and baseball is at its highest level in recent years and basketball has been more competitive than it should have been for the last few years. So if you have some specifics as to how this administration interferes with the football program I would like to hear them.

First off, this district does not play Bell, Knox, Rockcastle district this year. The KHSAA is rotating Districts in the playoffs. This year it is District 5 playing District 8 and D-6 playing D-7.

So whoever comes out of this district in Week 3 playoffs will play either Franklin County, Bourbon, Harrison, Pendleton.

 

Next year District 8 (LC district) will play district 6 (Boyle), then in 2009 this district will District 7 (Bell's).

 

In other words more reason to hate the new 6-Class format.

 

First off, I know that. If you re-read my post it states that it should be District 7 playing District 8 in the first 2 rounds instead of this playoff nightmare. It should be District 7 talking about a sweep over District 8 instead of which 2-9 or 1-10 team will be headed to the 2nd round.

It is hard to spread fire when you have adminstration and parents on you when you try to light the fire. Everyone that is not on the field needs to realize that football is not a Contact sport but a Collison sport. Let the Coaches yell at your kids for making a mistake or not practicing hard or playing hard, trust me it will make them a better person.

 

I'm all with you on that one...you can't tackle, you can't win. And I'm sorry, fundamental tackling hasn't been a part of practices here this year. And

ABSOLUTELY-jump. yell, scream, whatever its takes to get the attention of your players. These boys will not break if someone raises their voice.

It's FOOTBALL. It's ROUGH. It's AGGRESSIVE. You can't take it-don't go out for the team. It's not a knitting class...

That's the motivation these kids are missing. It breaks my heart to think that our coaches are more concerned about what parents or administration or whoever will say than they are concerned about a winning program.

  • Author
It has been said many times that the administration does not support this team and staff. I disagree. This community has several outspoken critics of this administration and try to blame them for everything. One way to get more people on your bandwagon is to blame them for the demise of your sports programs. Well I'm pretty sure all programs are treated equally and baseball is at its highest level in recent years and basketball has been more competitive than it should have been for the last few years. So if you have some specifics as to how this administration interferes with the football program I would like to hear them.

 

I am not going to go into details on here in a public forum, but I will PM you. But lets just say the support for football hasn't been there like it was in the 90's.

First off, congrats to the Vikings. They were a classy group of folks and they should be commended for their effort. I am not making any excuses for our team. They beat us, at home, on Senior Night. A big win for the Vikings.

 

As for the dawgs, well I don't know what to say. I really don't. They took a BIG step back Friday night. They are not getting better as a team. There were some bright spots. Boone ran the ball hard and handled it intelligently. Coty Roberts continues to give it his all. Timmy Hayes will be awesome when he learns to not run straight into people. Coty Patrick looked good. Ben Preston looked good. We need to work on snapping the ball and not just on long snaps. Half the time when Boone was in the shotgun, he had to leap to receive the snap. This throws everything off. Rowan county did a great job of preassuring the quarterback. He had a hand in his face all night.

 

Defensively, well we can't wrap anyone up.

 

Hopefully we'll get out of Breathitt w/o injuries. I am very worried about Greenup Co now.

  • Author
First off, congrats to the Vikings. They were a classy group of folks and they should be commended for their effort. I am not making any excuses for our team. They beat us, at home, on Senior Night. A big win for the Vikings.

 

As for the dawgs, well I don't know what to say. I really don't. They took a BIG step back Friday night. They are not getting better as a team. There were some bright spots. Boone ran the ball hard and handled it intelligently. Coty Roberts continues to give it his all. Timmy Hayes will be awesome when he learns to not run straight into people. Coty Patrick looked good. Ben Preston looked good. We need to work on snapping the ball and not just on long snaps. Half the time when Boone was in the shotgun, he had to leap to receive the snap. This throws everything off. Rowan county did a great job of preassuring the quarterback. He had a hand in his face all night.

 

Defensively, well we can't wrap anyone up.

 

Hopefully we'll get out of Breathitt w/o injuries. I am very worried about Greenup Co now.

 

Don't they play Greenup before Breathitt?

I thought that Cody Patrick had an excellent game. I am so glad he was able to come out and play his senior year. He has played with these guys for so many years; it just would not have been the same without him. His offensive blocking has been good and as we all know, that is a thankless job. He just goes in and does his job. I thought that Timmy and Brad both had good games as well. I thought that Timmy Cantrell had some good catches as well. Coty ran well, the kid gives it his all, and for the little bit that he was in on defensive, he did great and then they pretty much took him out and just played him at offense?? :confused:

 

For the most part, these seniors are all aggressive and do not want to stop. Very competitive. Fundamentally, Rowan was better than LC and I cannot understand what the answer to that is. I believe that Rowan County continues to get better as the season progresses and LC continues to struggle. Hope they get it together and get prepared for Greenup. LC has always played GC tough.

Don't they play Greenup before Breathitt?

 

My bad. They do.

First off, congrats to the Vikings. They were a classy group of folks and they should be commended for their effort. I am not making any excuses for our team. They beat us, at home, on Senior Night. A big win for the Vikings.

 

As for the dawgs, well I don't know what to say. I really don't. They took a BIG step back Friday night. They are not getting better as a team. There were some bright spots. Boone ran the ball hard and handled it intelligently. Coty Roberts continues to give it his all. Timmy Hayes will be awesome when he learns to not run straight into people. Coty Patrick looked good. Ben Preston looked good. We need to work on snapping the ball and not just on long snaps. Half the time when Boone was in the shotgun, he had to leap to receive the snap. This throws everything off. Rowan county did a great job of preassuring the quarterback. He had a hand in his face all night.

 

Defensively, well we can't wrap anyone up.

 

Hopefully we'll get out of Breathitt w/o injuries. I am very worried about Greenup Co now.

 

I know the snaps are just killing us. I don't know what the problem is but I do not that it has been a problem since the start of the season.

:thumb:

 

Politics are a huge problem for this football team.

 

Do you mean as to playing time? I think the coaches think they are playing the best athletes. I don't think they play poitics there. Now they do play some guys out of position, but I don't think that is politics either. If politics is playing a factor I just don't see it. I might be wrong though.

My bad. They do.
Greenup County play's Ashland this Friday, Lawrence County must play Breathitt County. We play LC Oct. 19, at Lloyd, Kentucky.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.