Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Simon Kenton

Featured Replies

Your right I forgot about Darrien, and Josh is probably a little taller than Rabe, but if I had to choose one of those three to get me a rebound I would without a doubt pick Rabe. He isn't their second tallest player but he will be the second strongest, behind Tyler Hopperton.

 

Strength wise, I will agree with you on Rabe & Hopperton.

I don't see this team being very deep. No offense to the boys mentioned but they won't be solid contributors. Steiner might go to one of them here and there, but they won't be solid contributors, just a body to get someone else some rest.

 

That's why I said they might be contributors, because we just don't know until the season gets going. Hopefully they will be and this will help SK come tourny time.

That's why I said they might be contributors, because we just don't know until the season gets going. Hopefully they will be and this will help SK come tourny time.

 

I wasn't saying you were wrong or anything, you were just replying to a question of who they have on the bench and thats who is on the bench. Hopefully Schneider and Lanham will be able to contribute, the only reason I leave Jacobs out is because he is another guard on an already long list of guards for this team. The first two will get minutes but Jacobs probably won't see much action at all.

Your right I forgot about Darrien, and Josh is probably a little taller than Rabe, but if I had to choose one of those three to get me a rebound I would without a doubt pick Rabe. He isn't their second tallest player but he will be the second strongest, behind Tyler Hopperton.

 

The second stongest? Hopperton may have Rabe on squat, but Rabe has him on bench from what i hear. Both are very competitive and this could make for a fun season at simon kenton. :argue:

Bench is the least important of the big three lifts.

Both Rabe and Hopperton are great competitors and love to win. They most likely won't start, but I think the best thing about them playing this year is that they will give Maegley two strong guys to go up against everyday in practice and to make him more physical. Maegly needs to become a lot more physical in order for him to progress and both of those guys will give him everything he can handle in practice.

I think it will be a good season at SK this year. They will be the the hunter instead of the hunted as they were last year.Every time I see Darrien it seems he has grown. Hopefully they can get over the hump this time. I think Zach needs to step up and be a leader. I would like to see them go a little more up tempo to create shots for there shooters.

Seems like guard play will still be solid, I liked what I saw from Brown off the bench and I have to agree that Maegley will be the key factor for success.

Simon Kenton will be fine this year especially in the district they play in, should win district every year no matter how much talent they lose each year. To me their season comes down to guard play, can anyone replace Hester and run the team. I think Ponzer and Slavey could be the front runners for this leadership role but only time will tell. Good luck Pioneers on your season.

Ponzer and Slavey are two of the toughest kids around. You can push them around but don't expect to keep them down. Any team in the state would be happy to have players with the heart of these two. Coach Steiner has a history of getting more out of his kids than anyone expects. I look for SK to be underrrated all season but to be there at the end.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.