Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Simon Kenton

Featured Replies

What does Simon Kenton need to do to improve in 2007/2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

SK doesn't have a lot of varsity experience coming back, but I do feel the current players can be very good and make a serious run in the 8th region. They do have some pretty good guards, forwards, and some height down low. I would think they are top 3 again in the 8th region.

 

IMO: I look for them to be playing in the regional championship game for a third straight year.

I do agree with tiger1 that SK will be in the regional finals again for the third time in a row. They will probably start off slow with football being in the playoffs but by the end of the year they will be the team to beat. I look for ponzer to get them where they need to be.

I do agree with tiger1 that SK will be in the regional finals again for the third time in a row. They will probably start off slow with football being in the playoffs but by the end of the year they will be the team to beat. I look for ponzer to get them where they need to be.

 

One thing that a lot are either over-looking or don't know about is the fact that there are a few other football players that will be coming out for the team. Tyler Rabe and Tyler Hopperton are both probably going to be on this team. They will add size and a toughness factor that should help this team a lot. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see SK reach the regional finals.

I do agree with tiger1 that SK will be in the regional finals again for the third time in a row. They will probably start off slow with football being in the playoffs but by the end of the year they will be the team to beat. I look for ponzer to get them where they need to be.

 

 

Nathan Ponzer will definitely need to contribute but lets face it Brandon Maegley is the KEY to this season.

Nathan Ponzer will definitely need to contribute but lets face it Brandon Maegley is the KEY to this season.

 

Thats why I think if both of the Tyler's do come out, Maegley won't be as heavily relied upon. They would give the team a physical edge that he cannot, plus contribute on the boards. Don't get me wrong, in order for this team to contend he will need to play up to his ability, but the additions will definately help.

Thats why I think if both of the Tyler's do come out, Maegley won't be as heavily relied upon. They would give the team a physical edge that he cannot, plus contribute on the boards. Don't get me wrong, in order for this team to contend he will need to play up to his ability, but the additions will definately help.

 

Imo: Tyler Rabe & Tyler Hopperton will probably not contribute much if anything at all to SK's team this year. My reason is that they haven't played in a couple of years which will definitely hurt their skill level and, not to mention that they are not very tall and SK doesn't need more guards.

 

We all know the main contributors will be Ponzer, Slavey, Barnes, Brown, Layne(when he gets back from injury), and Maegley. But, I also think one big key to SK is how much productivity Steiner can get from his bench.

Imo: Tyler Rabe & Tyler Hopperton will probably not contribute much if anything at all to SK's team this year. My reason is that they haven't played in a couple of years which will definitely hurt their skill level and, not to mention that they are not very tall and SK doesn't need more guards.

 

We all know the main contributors will be Ponzer, Slavey, Barnes, Brown, Layne(when he gets back from injury), and Maegley. But, I also think one big key to SK is how much productivity Steiner can get from his bench.

 

Tyler Rabe isn't exactly short, he is probably going to be the second tallest (I don't want to guess his exact height) on the team and I could see him contributing at the power forward position.

People said the same thing about Justin Khors last year and he was the key heart and soul to the team, if Tyler Rabe doesn't play they don't have a chance.

Tyler Rabe isn't exactly short, he is probably going to be the second tallest (I don't want to guess his exact height) on the team and I could see him contributing at the power forward position.

 

Tyler Rabe is 6'2" and Hopperton is 5'10"-5'11". Darrien Lanham is 6'4"-6'5" and Josh Brown is 6'3". Rabe is not their second biggest player.

People said the same thing about Justin Khors last year and he was the key heart and soul to the team, if Tyler Rabe doesn't play they don't have a chance.

 

Don't have a chance at what? Rabe is not & will not be the key to SK winning.

Imo: Tyler Rabe & Tyler Hopperton will probably not contribute much if anything at all to SK's team this year. My reason is that they haven't played in a couple of years which will definitely hurt their skill level and, not to mention that they are not very tall and SK doesn't need more guards.

 

We all know the main contributors will be Ponzer, Slavey, Barnes, Brown, Layne(when he gets back from injury), and Maegley. But, I also think one big key to SK is how much productivity Steiner can get from his bench.

 

Who is on that bench that can contribute? Last years very successful JV team was junior oriented so I don't think a lot of sophs saw a lot of time and the freshmen class wasn't very good.

Who is on that bench that can contribute? Last years very successful JV team was junior oriented so I don't think a lot of sophs saw a lot of time and the freshmen class wasn't very good.

 

Probably Grant Schneider, Darrien Lanham, and Garrett Jacobs might be the contributors from the bench this year ...these three are current juniors. Casey Sorrell is a sophmore who also might be a contributor off the bench.

Tyler Rabe is 6'2" and Hopperton is 5'10"-5'11". Darrien Lanham is 6'4"-6'5" and Josh Brown is 6'3". Rabe is not their second biggest player.

 

Your right I forgot about Darrien, and Josh is probably a little taller than Rabe, but if I had to choose one of those three to get me a rebound I would without a doubt pick Rabe. He isn't their second tallest player but he will be the second strongest, behind Tyler Hopperton.

Probably Grant Schneider, Darrien Lanham, and Garrett Jacobs might be the contributors from the bench this year ...these three are current juniors. Casey Sorrell is a sophmore who also might be a contributor off the bench.

 

I don't see this team being very deep. No offense to the boys mentioned but they won't be solid contributors. Steiner might go to one of them here and there, but they won't be solid contributors, just a body to get someone else some rest.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.