Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cumberland 35 Williamsburg 18

Featured Replies

Final....

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland/Williamsburg was the game....

Good win for the Skins. Hazard looks to be the big dog in the district but this one could be a biggie in gettin the skins that #2 spot if they win out like they should.

The Skins took it to the Jackets tonight. They played inspired and once the momentum swung near halftime they refused to let Williamsburg regain their edge. They seemed to want it more tonight and dug deeper. This was a good learning experience for the young Jackets. The Skins have a tough , big strong team.

Skins die in the second round of the playoffs. Jackets Will regroup. Better days ahead.

Cumberland takes the last game in this. I know I missed this game but the last several years seems like this game came down to the final play, shame it didn't tonight. But either way good win for the skins and a nice way to end a longstanding rivalry.

Skins seemed to learn lessons from their earlier Lynn Camp stumble...good win. With Evarts upset, C'land clear #2 in their district. With McCreary beating Madison Southern, I like W'burg to rebound against Southern next week.

Cumberland has a lot of good football players and a lot of speed and this win on the road against a team that is supposed to be pretty decent should be a big confidence booster. #24 Lance Simmons is one heck of a footbal player with speed and tremendous quickness, along with #42 Nathaniel Gilliam gives Cumberland maybe the best young tandem of running backs in the mountains.

It sounded like from the main highlights that Simmons had a great game. Can anyone tell me what kind of game Gilliam had?

Skins seemed to learn lessons from their earlier Lynn Camp stumble...good win. With Evarts upset, C'land clear #2 in their district. With McCreary beating Madison Southern, I like W'burg to rebound against Southern next week.

I wouldn't make any assumptions off of McCreary beating Southern. It was played at McCreary with the refs playing against Southern. It wasn't McCreary that beat them. Refs called 175 yards of penalties against Southern. It was unbelievable! Southern played great!With 175 yards of penalties, they lost by 2 points! They dominated the game 1st qtr until the refs got in the games!

I just read about the game on the Harlan Daily website, Cumberland had 521 yards rushing with Simmons and Giliam combining for 380 of those yards. I also read the comments of the Williamsburg coach and I must say say they were very disappointing to me, he only spoke of what his team didnt do and how poorly they played and didnt give one bit of credit to The Redskins. Great job Skins!! You guys had a lot to do with why Williamsburg played poorly and deserve a lot of credit for being able to go on the road and run the ball up and down the field like that.

Good win for the Skins. Hazard looks to be the big dog in the district but this one could be a biggie in gettin the skins that #2 spot if they win out like they should.
Hazard does appear to be pretty good, but I wouldnt pencil them in as the #1 seed in that District yet. Cumberland has an experienced and pretty athletic offensive line and two tremendous young backs and I believe that if the coaches can get the right mix of players playing together defensively to go along with all of the offensive talent they have they could knock Hazard off in Cumberland in a couple weeks.
I just read about the game on the Harlan Daily website, Cumberland had 521 yards rushing with Simmons and Giliam combining for 380 of those yards. I also read the comments of the Williamsburg coach and I must say say they were very disappointing to me, he only spoke of what his team didnt do and how poorly they played and didnt give one bit of credit to The Redskins. Great job Skins!! You guys had a lot to do with why Williamsburg played poorly and deserve a lot of credit for being able to go on the road and run the ball up and down the field like that.

 

Well you got to admit, after giving up a gazillion yards rushing to McCreary and a gazillion to Cumberland one thing Williamsburg doesn't do is tackle very well.

 

I am sure that Coach Herron was very disappointed with the outcome and was focused on what he needs to do to improve his football team. That is what coaches do they see their teams mistakes.

Well you got to admit, after giving up a gazillion yards rushing to McCreary and a gazillion to Cumberland one thing Williamsburg doesn't do is tackle very well.

 

I am sure that Coach Herron was very disappointed with the outcome and was focused on what he needs to do to improve his football team. That is what coaches do they see their teams mistakes.

I am sure he was disapointed with what happened in the game, but there is no excuse for not showing a little respect for Cumberland's kids by giving them a little credit for the way they played.
I just read about the game on the Harlan Daily website, Cumberland had 521 yards rushing with Simmons and Giliam combining for 380 of those yards. I also read the comments of the Williamsburg coach and I must say say they were very disappointing to me, he only spoke of what his team didnt do and how poorly they played and didnt give one bit of credit to The Redskins. Great job Skins!! You guys had a lot to do with why Williamsburg played poorly and deserve a lot of credit for being able to go on the road and run the ball up and down the field like that.

 

 

sounds to me like you are fishing for a reason to complain about Williamsburg.

I just read about the game on the Harlan Daily website, Cumberland had 521 yards rushing with Simmons and Giliam combining for 380 of those yards. I also read the comments of the Williamsburg coach and I must say say they were very disappointing to me, he only spoke of what his team didnt do and how poorly they played and didnt give one bit of credit to The Redskins. Great job Skins!! You guys had a lot to do with why Williamsburg played poorly and deserve a lot of credit for being able to go on the road and run the ball up and down the field like that.

Cumberland was clearly the best team and that is why they won...Wburg had 2 touchdowns dropped where the kid just did not catch the ball, it had nothing to do with Cumberland's play..Just plain ole dropped balls that were perfectly thrown and no defenders were close...Congrats to Cumberland

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.