Cumberland 35 Williamsburg 18

STRIKE3

Cumberland took it to the Jackets. They outplayed them offensively and defensively. Their kids wanted it more and showed much more heart. Williamsburg's youth may have caught up with them. They need to take this as a learning experience and see what it takes to win football games.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland is a good team! No Doubt about it! I am very curious to see if Williamsburg has the heart to keep fighting! I believe that they do, I have never seen them quit, even towards the end of the game, kids were playing hard, just out of position, or even a little intemidated, but as others have said there will be better days, just got to keep playing and working, the staff will do a great job, getting this team ready!

Williamsburg has good football tradition and seems to be pretty well coached year in year out, I believe they will bounce back and finish the year in solid fashion and I hope they do. Sounds like they are pretty young and have a good future ahead of them the next couple years.

I think Cumberland has a shot at their district title, they have Hazard at home and I think Evarts at home also. I have said all along that they have a lot of good athletes and if they can get the right mix of players playing solid defense and their line does a good job blocking for those two very talented backs they have they could be dangerous come playoff time.

Harlan Co has been playing a combined middle school football team this season, so the tradition may start earlier than orginally thought. Good move on the part of their leadership to get the kids on the same team before they enter high school. I look for Harlan Ind to benefit with some good athletes as the new school searches for an identity.

The combined middle school team is for the small elementary schools that comprise Cawood High School. Evarts and Cumberland still have middle school teams.

What schools is it that make up New Harlan? Wallins Creek, Hall, Green Hill, Loyall and Black Mountain? How's the county teams shaping up this year?