Simon Kenton 18 Ryle 10

This is simply untrue and uncalled for comment. This was a spirited game, personal fouls on both sides. Saw an SK player kick a Ryle player after the play, got called for 15. Not saying SK was dirty, just pointing out it was emotional both ways, just football. But do you really think a head coach wants 15 yards against him? Do you really think those players will not hear about it and pay a price in practice? Lets talk about the hard game that was played and how SK wanted it more.

Uncalled for? Or unpopular?

Who said a coach wants the penalties? I said that his attitude , which can be beneficial at times, also can be a detriment as players are not smart enough to know what they can do and what they cannot in the name of being aggressive.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncalled for? Or unpopular?

Who said a coach wants the penalties? I said that his attitude , which can be beneficial at times, also can be a detriment as players are not smart enough to know what they can do and what they cannot in the name of being aggressive.

I repeat uncalled for. If you are going to speak negatively of someone publicly, you should have first hand facts, not heresay and opinion as though it is fact. I am not defending Ryle coaches, does not make a diff to me, I am saying your comments are uncalled for and unfounded

by any facts. so back to the game.....

Congrats SK, you earned the victory!

I repeat uncalled for. If you are going to speak negatively of someone publicly, you should have first hand facts, not heresay and opinion as though it is fact. I am not defending Ryle coaches, does not make a diff to me, I am saying your comments are uncalled for and unfounded

by any facts. so back to the game.....

!

Trust me, my man. I've already had one PM telling me that I'm spot on on this one. Its not just me.

No facts? I just told you what I witnessed with my own eyeballs in a 7-on-7 that got ugly. The words "smoke" and "fire" come to mind.

Warner has his own style. Its no secret. Sometimes (often) it works. Sometimes (tonight) it can backfire.

Coach Warner consistently will win and is developing a solid program. The rest in 6A would be well served to learn from him. He is one of the very few coaches that has a good record in post season play in the large school divisions.

He won his first post season game last year. Not saying he isn't a good coach just pointing out facts. Great win for SK they have come a long way since week 1.

Unfortunately another issue will be the terrible behavior of a Ryle Fan who makes all Ryle Fans look bad.

Not sure the incident to which you are referring, but I would hope that you would recognize that boorish behavior on the part of one fan should not impune the character of the rest of that team's fans. I assure you that every team here in NKY has at least one fan that occasionally steps over the line and brings embarrassment to their team/fans. I'm not defending whatever the guy did, I just don't want to be lumped into the "bad fan" category because one out of several hundred of us Ryle fans misbehaved.

Coach Warner consistently will win and is developing a solid program. The rest in 6A would be well served to learn from him. He is one of the very few coaches that has a good record in post season play in the large school divisions.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree here.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree here.

Out of curiosity, with what do you disagree? I think it's pretty clear that he's built Ryle into a solid winning program. Coach Warner is a class act. While last year may have been his first year in the playoffs, his team did win quite a few games. I don't know that all the other 6A coaches need to take their cues from him, but I think he'd be considered as one of the top coaches in the area.

Wow, the only thing I can say is what a gutsy performance by the SK kids.

The Enquirer sure gave them no chance this morning:

"Ryle and Boone County appear to be the class of Northern Kentucky's Class 6A field, followed by a fairly sizable gap. Simon Kenton and Campbell County are on the other side of that gap. This game could show how big the gap between second and third is."

I guess someone forgot to tell the SK kids that effort and heart can overcome perceived gaps. Congrats!