Lone Oak at Calloway Co.

diamondog

Who wins?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Lone Oak's weak schedule is going to come back to bite them in this one, any team in this area that plays Marshall county and Trigg county to that close of a game has got my respect.

I agree...plus Calloway County likes to spread the ball around as well and I gotta feeling this will be the best offense that the Flash have seen. Should be a good game...but if everyone is healthy for Calloway I like the Lakers to win this one

Lakers have shown their offense is as balanced as any in West KY. Brockman has put up good numbers and they have 2 outstanding receivers in Dobbins and Garner and 2-3 more very capable. If they have to run it, they now have a stable of healthy backs in Willis, Bumpus, Travis and Hargrove. Travis still was not back to full strength vs. Marshall and was used sparingly on offense but had 14 tackles at LB. Ground game will eat the clock and passing game is there if needed. Unnoticed is fact that CC defense has shown steady improvement weekly, holding Marshall's potent offense to under 300 yards and Williams to less than 100 yards for the first time in forever. That improving D could be the difference in the game unless Lone Oak can somehow muster up a running game. LO still gets its points because Robinson is good and has a go-to receiver.

Calloway 42, Lone Oak 35

Lone Oak's weak schedule is going to come back to bite them in this one, any team in this area that plays Marshall county and Trigg county to that close of a game has got my respect.

I will have to "Third" that............Trigg and Marshall alone are better than any team on Lone Oak's schedule. Plus, Calloway knows what its like to get beat or play from behind in a game. Lone Oak has had a breeze with Union Co, Caldwell Co., and Obion Co. Central (none of these teams play defense). Calloway just appears more battle-tested, and balanced for that matter.....they throw AND run the ball. From what Ive heard, all Lone Oak does is throw the ball.

But, as much as I have criticized Lone Oak's schedule, I haven't recognized that their quarterback does have talent. It is simply jaded by the level of competition that they play. Im sure he will continue to turn heads with his numbers and possibly prove lots of people wrong. We will see..........

No Way for Calloway to score 42 pts against Lone Oak's Defense

Lets see............Calloway put up 38 points on Trigg's defense.......TRIGG'S defense........they are one of the better defenses in this end of the state.....so are you telling me Lone Oak has a better defense than Trigg's?? That is what your comment is implying...........

42 sounds about right........no wait, maybe more like 49-56, don't you think?????

Lets see............Calloway put up 38 points on Trigg's defense.......TRIGG'S defense........they are one of the better defenses in this end of the state.....so are you telling me Lone Oak has a better defense than Trigg's?? That is what your comment is implying...........

42 sounds about right........no wait, maybe more like 49-56, don't you think?????

Actually, Calloway scored 34 against Trigg, and the Wildcats weren't at full strength on defense that night.

On the other hand, Calloway put up only 20 against Marshall, which had given up 36 to Graves the week before.

Still, Lone Oak has to prove they can stop Calloway. Their defense appears to have made some improvement, but it's hard to tell until they play teams of a certain level.