79 members have voted

1. 1. Lynn Camp @ Dayton- Who wins????

• Lynn Camp
    • Dayton

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well enough of what happened lets move on to whats gonna happen, Lynn Camp, #7 in a very, very tough group. Dayton I think got 5 or 6 votes for all thier tough victories, tops on the list was 200. Lynn Camp has put 500+ yard games together on teams ranked higher than Dayton, now this is the AP poll boys, not 5 alumni sitting around telling each other how good they were! This is a very physical team that can compete with the Mayfields and Beechwoods of 1A. You say that you have a fast "D", they are the best you have but your about to see fast! There line matches up about the same as Bwoods did on your line. There right side D end will have the same kinda night as Mainello did, and the rest of the line is as big and a step faster. This will be the night Hells Half Acre ices up!

Well enough of what happened lets move on to whats gonna happen, Lynn Camp, #7 in a very, very tough group. Dayton I think got 5 or 6 votes for all thier tough victories, tops on the list was 200. Lynn Camp has put 500+ yard games together on teams ranked higher than Dayton, now this is the AP poll boys, not 5 alumni sitting around telling each other how good they were! This is a very physical team that can compete with the Mayfields and Beechwoods of 1A. You say that you have a fast "D", they are the best you have but your about to see fast! There line matches up about the same as Bwoods did on your line. There right side D end will have the same kinda night as Mainello did, and the rest of the line is as big and a step faster. This will be the night Hells Half Acre ices up!

A very tough group. I think not, the only good team they played they lost to and there line is not as close to as good as Beechwood. Much slower and not as agressive. Also all they have is the run. Which other than Beecchwood nobody has been able to do very well against Dayton so I can't wait to see this game. I think "Hells Half Acre" will be hot as ever. :fire: :fire: :fire:

this entire thread is getting rediculous....

A couple points...

ok, broken wrist or not, future coach even said before the news of the broken wrist came out that he had pressure in his face and he didn't want to take the sack because it would have put them in 2nd and about 30 from inside their own 5. He was trying to make something happen, broken wrist or not. I would bet that presented with the situation again he might make the same play.

2. Enough with the subtle Brian Ellis bashing. The kid is in his first year as a starting QB on a top 12 in the state team. Yeah, it has been bumpy, but I think the performance has steadily improved. What he isn't, which I think a lot of people are wanting to see, is he IS NOT Chris Hightchew. He isn't the same quarterback, doesn't have the same skill set, and doesn't have the experience. If you wanna see that kid, show up at the alumni game or something but doen't keep comparing them. For the record, don't expect Sherlock to be Hightchew either...which brings me to my next point.

3. Whomever Dayton runs out there at QB, everyone in, around, and fans of the program should support the coaches decision and the QB. People are getting on here making like its Ellis vs. Sherlock and who will win, well on Friday nights people shouldn't care who is taking the snaps, they should care if the guys in green have more points than the other guys. And Ellis and Sherlock both wear green. and another thing...

4. Dayton fans on here, letting me explain something to you. Everyone knows that there are 2 QB's on your team. I don't know if you will understand this, but that kinda gives you a competive edge, making the other team prepare for 2 QB's. BUT, if you somehow acquire the knowledge that one or the other is starting, I wouldn't go posting it on the internet. The same goes for other scheming that you are doing for the week. You might as well make Lynn Camp's scouting report for them and send it in the mail. It's called gameplanning... keep the knowledge confined to the right people.

5. And lastly, I am not trying to be mean or rude here, or get myself into trouble or anything, but frankly, there have been a couple posts towards the end of this thread that have just been pointless. Yeah, there are predictions, but it is just blatantly beating around the bush to bash Dayton. Say if you think Dayton will be overmatched this game, but pretty much stating that you are in over your head and have no business on the field with a team is just hatin' pretty much. A 3 and 1 team has to have some good quality you can at least mention, I promise.

ok, now on this weeks game, it's gonna have to be a great effort. It in theory, should be one of the top games in the state this week with 2 teams in the top 12. Should be a lot of good ole fashion smash mouth "were gonna run it and you show us if you can stop it" football. Admittedly don't know much of Lynn Camp other than the run game with the big line and Roskompf kid, but I would think that Dayton can't rely on the other teams mistakes as much and will have to make some plays on offense as well as defense. When you get to top 10 staters you have to play well on both sides of the ball to win.

Good Luck to both teams...

this entire thread is getting rediculous....

A couple points...

ok, broken wrist or not, future coach even said before the news of the broken wrist came out that he had pressure in his face and he didn't want to take the sack because it would have put them in 2nd and about 30 from inside their own 5. He was trying to make something happen, broken wrist or not. I would bet that presented with the situation again he might make the same play.

2. Enough with the subtle Brian Ellis bashing. The kid is in his first year as a starting QB on a top 12 in the state team. Yeah, it has been bumpy, but I think the performance has steadily improved. What he isn't, which I think a lot of people are wanting to see, is he IS NOT Chris Hightchew. He isn't the same quarterback, doesn't have the same skill set, and doesn't have the experience. If you wanna see that kid, show up at the alumni game or something but doen't keep comparing them. For the record, don't expect Sherlock to be Hightchew either...which brings me to my next point.

3. Whomever Dayton runs out there at QB, everyone in, around, and fans of the program should support the coaches decision and the QB. People are getting on here making like its Ellis vs. Sherlock and who will win, well on Friday nights people shouldn't care who is taking the snaps, they should care if the guys in green have more points than the other guys. And Ellis and Sherlock both wear green. and another thing...

4. Dayton fans on here, letting me explain something to you. Everyone knows that there are 2 QB's on your team. I don't know if you will understand this, but that kinda gives you a competive edge, making the other team prepare for 2 QB's. BUT, if you somehow acquire the knowledge that one or the other is starting, I wouldn't go posting it on the internet. The same goes for other scheming that you are doing for the week. You might as well make Lynn Camp's scouting report for them and send it in the mail. It's called gameplanning... keep the knowledge confined to the right people.

5. And lastly, I am not trying to be mean or rude here, or get myself into trouble or anything, but frankly, there have been a couple posts towards the end of this thread that have just been pointless. Yeah, there are predictions, but it is just blatantly beating around the bush to bash Dayton. Say if you think Dayton will be overmatched this game, but pretty much stating that you are in over your head and have no business on the field with a team is just hatin' pretty much. A 3 and 1 team has to have some good quality you can at least mention, I promise.

ok, now on this weeks game, it's gonna have to be a great effort. It in theory, should be one of the top games in the state this week with 2 teams in the top 12. Should be a lot of good ole fashion smash mouth "were gonna run it and you show us if you can stop it" football. Admittedly don't know much of Lynn Camp other than the run game with the big line and Roskompf kid, but I would think that Dayton can't rely on the other teams mistakes as much and will have to make some plays on offense as well as defense. When you get to top 10 staters you have to play well on both sides of the ball to win.

Good Luck to both teams...

Nice dissertation!!

NO WAY!!!!!!!!

Lynn Camp in no way should be mentioned in the same breath as Beechwood or Mayfield. They have some very good players but come on Beechwood. No disrespect to Clinton Co or Cambellsville but the only team LC has beaten that is any good at all is Cumberland and it was in overtime. LC lost to a Clay Co team that in my view is not a very good 5A team. LC has proved nothing. Dayton on the other hand has some quality wins against better teams. Dayton at home should win. If LC wins they should deserve some respect but that is a BIG IF.

what advantages does each of the QB's for Dayton have over the other? Is one a better passer and the other a runner?

From what i hear, Sherlock, the new stater and underclassmen has a better ball. While Ellis seems to run and throw on the run much better. IMO Ellis's deep ball aint much worse and he seems to has way more leadership over this team. I would start Ellis but you gotta respect the coaches call. He does know best.

From what i hear, Sherlock, the new stater and underclassmen has a better ball. While Ellis seems to run and throw on the run much better. IMO Ellis's deep ball aint much worse and he seems to has way more leadership over this team. I would start Ellis but you gotta respect the coaches call. He does know best.

hmmm.... I don't tell people what to post, but you clearly didn't read points 3 and 4 in my "dissertation"... but whatever floats your boat.

hmmm.... I don't tell people what to post, but you clearly didn't read points 3 and 4 in my "dissertation"... but whatever floats your boat.

Well i jus did but its a bit late now. It dont matter i dont know there game plan im just stating my opinion from what i have viewed. For all we know Sherlock , getting his start may show that he is not just a poket passer. Nobody could know but the coaches and the actual players.

I was thinking the same thing, ESPNGUY, but we'll take all the help we can get. Who do we get to fax us a scouting report from Dayton???? If you can't fax it, we'll be getting there fairly early tomorrow and maybe someone can just drop it off with us. :)