Whitley Co. 35 North Laurel 21

HT721

Home cooking? Three of the officials that called the game called the JV game on Monday(which Whitley dominated), and at least 2 live in Laurel county if you are calling JV games chances are you are affilliated with the school in some way.

No, they missed some calls both ways, I thought overall it was a very averaged called game.

Enter Ranked

Leave Spanked

UK 40

UL34

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

That is something we all can agree on!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three of the four officials which called the game Friday night are from Laurel County, and one from Whitley County. Now can there be any doubt as to the validity or honesty of the officiating? I think not. Those persons who might think calling a HS game is easy, well, let them go through the rigors of becoming qualified and call a few; then let's beat-up on the officials. I'm not saying all calls are 100% perfect. But as soon as I become 100% perfect, then I am going to really lay it on the officials. Calls during any game usually balance out as good calls v questionable calls. Let's keep the focus on the game play and execution, and be constructive; if nothing else, to set an example for the youngsters playing the game.

Good win for the Colonels and Coach Black. They seem to be improving. North needs to find away to score if they are going to be competitive. I am the world's worst about complaining as to the ability of refs but always seem to think the games are much better called when it is one I do not have a direct interest in.

Three of the four officials which called the game Friday night are from Laurel County, and one from Whitley County. Now can there be any doubt as to the validity or honesty of the officiating? I think not. Those persons who might think calling a HS game is easy, well, let them go through the rigors of becoming qualified and call a few; then let's beat-up on the officials. I'm not saying all calls are 100% perfect. But as soon as I become 100% perfect, then I am going to really lay it on the officials. Calls during any game usually balance out as good calls v questionable calls. Let's keep the focus on the game play and execution, and be constructive; if nothing else, to set an example for the youngsters playing the game.

Well Stated, actually better than I could have put it.

The only thing I agree with in your comment is what you stated about setting an example for the youngsters. I'm not going to argue over the way the game was called. I have my opinion, you have yours. However, this is a game about the players, not the alum, the officials, grudges, etc. And by the way, just because certain officials Friday night were from Laurel County in no way means they were pulling for the Jags. I wish Whitley County and North Laurel the best the rest of the season, good luck to both teams.

Guys we have to face it officating in SE Ky. is terrible in every sport. It is just something we have to accept.

I agree with this guy here, there is no one outside of Bell Co. that can compete with N. Ky. They just have more kids, more speed, probably not as much strength, but more speed. Did I mention they have more speed, oh yeah, they have more speed. You can see my point, but everyone in the SE Ky. should be content going to the second and even third round of the playoffs. Called this one, I finally got one right! Look for the colonels to win 5 to 6 more game this year, if they don't I will be suprised! By the way Go Big Blue!

The only thing I agree with in your comment is what you stated about setting an example for the youngsters. I'm not going to argue over the way the game was called. I have my opinion, you have yours. However, this is a game about the players, not the alum, the officials, grudges, etc. And by the way, just because certain officials Friday night were from Laurel County in no way means they were pulling for the Jags. I wish Whitley County and North Laurel the best the rest of the season, good luck to both teams.

I can assure you that this officiating crew was not pulling for either team. There was one substitute official on that crew who made a horrible call against the Jags (I believe it was a pass interference call) who is from Laurel County and has ties to both North and South Laurel, ... but he didn't do the Jags any favors. I can assure you knowing this crew like I do that there was no 'homecooking' either way. Sounds like Whitley County just won the game fair and square. I have seen homecooking before and I can assure you that this was not an example of it. Congrats to the Colonels and keep your heads up Jags.

North fans were upset because calls started coming in bunches toward the end of the game but if you think about it thats when players started smarting off to the refs and the coaches started getting heated toward them as well so...really until the end of the game, when it was out of reach was when all the calls started getting made.

North played NO WHERE near good enough to win this game, refs or not..thats plain and simple.

Guys we have to face it officating in SE Ky. is terrible in every sport. It is just something we have to accept.

I agree with the bolded part, I don't agree with having to accept it. We need more people with "substance" to become officials.

I agree with the bolded part, I don't agree with having to accept it. We need more people with "substance" to become officials.

Actually, nearly everyone on this crew was of significant substance and experience. The problem is that given the past history of calls at Whitley, everyone starts assuming that it was a bad crew who really screwed a team over. Boucher, you know me pretty well, and let me I assure you that this was not the case in this game. The substitute official on this crew was the only real issue.