Dry counties in Kentucky

youknowme

A moist county is one that sells alcohol by the drink and does not allow package alcohol sales. It does not necessarily prevent them from selling liquor, as long as they are by the drink. You simply cannot go to the store and buy a six pack of beer or a fifth of liquor for example.

Most places that are moist will require the restaurants to derive a certain percentage of their sales to be from food.

Just thought I'd condense what was said earlier and clarify so most of those know.

Is that why some counties may have moonshine distilleries?

Yep..and good neighbors who make homemade blackberry wine and share it with you...LOL...which brings me to my point..as long as fruit and corn is grown and people are willing to risk bootlegging...there is and never will be any such thing as a dry county except in legal terms only!!

Lawrence County = Dry County

Fort Gay, WV = Home to the biggest distributor store in the entire state of WV.

Distance between Fort Gay and Louisa = 1/4 mile ( NO COINCIDENCE )

This one burns me up! At one time Fort Gay was like the 3rd or 4th leading alcohol distributer in WV. The population there is like 400! People wonder why our county doesn't grow? It really wears me out!

Kind of like the riverboat across from Louisville that gives Indiana all of KY's money.

Is that why some counties may have moonshine distilleries?

I know of few people over here in Robertson County that make their own wine. And for the record we are a dry county, but some folks will travel across the county line to purchase whatever they are getting.

This one burns me up! At one time Fort Gay was like the 3rd or 4th leading alcohol distributer in WV. The population there is like 400! People wonder why our county doesn't grow? It really wears me out!

Kind of like the riverboat across from Louisville that gives Indiana all of KY's money.

Amen Brother!! I have been preaching this for years.