Charlie Frye traded to Seahawks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that backfire?

Well not saying it will, but sitting a player too long could hamper him in the long run. I mean Quinn looked really good in the preseason and had a lot of momentum coming into the regular season then was sit during the first game. If they sit him to long he could lose what ever groove he had going. But who knows, it worked for the Bengals with Palmer.

I thought the O-line was supposed to be the strength of Cleveland's O this year.
Remains to be seen but when the entire O-line remains upright and watching the "D", making play, after play, after play....something needs to change.

I thought Cleveland, was running a screen pass for 80% of the plays, the way they let the defenders penetrate.

Well not saying it will, but sitting a player too long could hamper him in the long run. I mean Quinn looked really good in the preseason and had a lot of momentum coming into the regular season then was sit during the first game. If they sit him to long he could lose what ever groove he had going. But who knows, it worked for the Bengals with Palmer.

I think you have to look long term with a guy that may be the franchise QB. Playing well in a couple of preseason games is not a very good barometer of a QB. For one teams rarely run anything but base defenses. The Browns have no shot at winning anything this year so I'd let him play in spots, getting his feet wet, but in no way do you throw him to the wolves in the 2nd game of his career. JMO

....:lol: It's difficult to watch, the same problems that plagued Couch, still continue today. The O-line, is woeful and unless every snap, is a 3 step drop, it will be tough.

It doesn't speak well for their front office does it?

There has been very little if any progress made since the Couch days

It doesn't speak well for their front office does it?

There has been very little if any progress made since the Couch days

I agree and I'm just perplexed, at how such a change can occur, over basically one half of play.

What were they seeing in preseason and practice, that made the coaching staff and ownership, place him at #1 on the depth chart but then, pack his bags at halftime and put Frye on a plane.