Charlie Frye traded to Seahawks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean really...It Isn't recess football for 6th grade kids. Who flips a coin to decide a starting QB in the Pros??? The good ole Brownies.

& then fire the guy, after not even a full game, that was the winner (I guess you could call him the winner) of the flip...

I agree and I'm just perplexed, at how such a change can occur, over basically one half of play.

What were they seeing in preseason and practice, that made the coaching staff and ownership, place him at #1 on the depth chart but then, pack his bags at halftime and put Frye on a plane.

I wonder if Weis had Crennel ear on this one?

I still have my doubts if Quinn is a franchise QB, I thought he was over rated in college and now I'm sure we'll be learning fairly quickly.

I wonder if Weis had Crennel ear on this one?

I still have my doubts if Quinn is a franchise QB, I thought he was over rated in college and now I'm sure we'll be learning fairly quickly.

Good question but Quinn is athletic, strong arm and he should develop into a good NFL QB.

Speed at the wideout position and blocking, will be needed or he's going to have a lot of flat/look-in passes, to the TE position.

^I thought their line would be better, didn't they re-vamp it?

I agree with the speed at the Wideout, but Why would they go all preseason with Frye as their #1 guy then all of the sudden change?

This points to poor management. The reason I spoke about Weis and Crennel is I figured that Weis kept trying to sell Quinn as he is ready now.

Good question but Quinn is athletic, strong arm and he should develop into a good NFL QB.

Speed at the wideout position and blocking, will be needed or he's going to have a lot of flat/look-in passes, to the TE position.

He wont develop at all if they name him starter before week 7. Their schedule is murderers row and Derek Anderson will do just as fine a job throwing 6-8 picks and getting beat to death. Poor Derek Anderson, can you imagine what he is thinking?

He knows that he is just a dummy for a small period of time. He looked horrible last week as well.

He wont develop at all if they name him starter before week 7. Their schedule is murderers row and Derek Anderson will do just as fine a job throwing 6-8 picks and getting beat to death. Poor Derek Anderson, can you imagine what he is thinking?

He knows that he is just a dummy for a small period of time. He looked horrible last week as well.

It's always hard knowing that at any time you could be pulled for their top pick. He is almost in a no win situation.

^I thought their line would be better, didn't they re-vamp it?

I agree with the speed at the Wideout, but Why would they go all preseason with Frye as their #1 guy then all of the sudden change?

This points to poor management. The reason I spoke about Weis and Crennel is I figured that Weis kept trying to sell Quinn as he is ready now.

That to me, is the puzzling question. Players are evaluated daily in camp and rated, analyzed and once a players is named, you trade him basically after the first half....of the first game.

It makes the entire coaching staff and ownership, appear either two ways. (1) They are panicking and over-reacting to fans, calling for Quinn. (2) They are not able to judge/evaluate talent.