UC and Miami series

Milfordflash

They play at Mile High Stadium in Denver each year.

Wrong.

September of 2005 -- at Fort Collins, CO.

September of 2004 -- at Boulder, CO.

Before that alternated sites as far back as I could quickly reference.

Only in 2006 and 2007 did they begin playing at Mile High.

If UC wants to lose their, umm, clearing throat, home gate and play every year at PBS I'm sure Miami would oblige. However, again, it's going to look hilarious 35% of capacity.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, those last two games at Mile High averaged 65,000 fans per, which, by the way, is about the cumulative attendance at the last 3 UC / Miami games. If, and in this case it is a BIG IF, attendance was the issue than the move to PBS would make sense.

Does a quick search tell you where the UC/Miami game was played from 1900-1970???

No, let me guess, somewhere neutral?

Listen, I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't care if they play on the moon. However, Kelly's arrogance towards Miami (OH), as well as his attitude toward many other things, has rubbed a burr in my saddle. I don't give a hoot about Miami, I really don't, but for this ne'er do well program to act like they are on the precipice of a BCS game is comical. When Coach Kelly leaves to go Michigan and UC returns to 3-9's and 4-8's, I hope Miami asks UC to forego their home games at Nippert due to safety concerns and overall lack of campus feel. Would serve you right. ;) :bunny:

No, let me guess, somewhere neutral?

Listen, I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't care if they play on the moon. However, Kelly's arrogance towards Miami (OH), as well as his attitude toward many other things, has rubbed a burr in my saddle. I don't give a hoot about Miami, I really don't, but for this ne'er do well program to act like they are on the precipice of a BCS game is comical. When Coach Kelly leaves to go Michigan and UC returns to 3-9's and 4-8's, I hope Miami asks UC to forego their home games at Nippert due to safety concerns and overall lack of campus feel. Would serve you right. ;) :bunny:

BK has zero ties to UM and has no shot at being the head coach. But you can dream I guess. When he does leave UC, they will be in a much better position than when he got here. In the end that's all you can ask for. At least he won't get fired for things like running a renegade program or poor performance.

Oh and about safety you might want to check the attitude at the door. The Miami campus was put on alert for the 5th time this month after several late night stabbings on campus. Real safe in Oxford. Or not. NEXT...

Oh and about safety you might want to check the attitude at the door. The Miami campus was put on alert for the 5th time this month after several late night stabbings on campus. Real safe in Oxford. Or not. NEXT...

Oh my....

You've said yourself 100 times that Clifton was rough and hard to recruit to...or was that just the defense of the day as to why the basketball team had no talent? All different covering them up close now, huh?

Oh my....

At least race relations are solid...

He said one of the men punched him in the face and ran off. Then the second started hitting him and used racial slurs.

The victim is black, and the suspects are described as white men who look college-age.

http://www.wcpo.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=39286db8-667e-4536-a867-bbcf642c19e7

Oh my....

You've said yourself 100 times that Clifton was rough and hard to recruit to...or was that just the defense of the day as to why the basketball team had no talent? All different covering them up close now, huh?

Up to about 2 years ago it was. But the facelift looks amazing, and recruits are gushing about the facilities. I never heard that once through the 90s. Plus I've only seen one team in 20 years at UC "lack talent" and we all know how that went down...

Wrong.

September of 2005 -- at Fort Collins, CO.

September of 2004 -- at Boulder, CO.

Before that alternated sites as far back as I could quickly reference.

Games Played in Denver

1998 - Colorado 42, CSU 14

1999 - CSU 41, Colorado 14

2000 - CSU 28, Colorado 24

2001 - Colorado 41, CSU 14

2002 - CSU 19, Colorado 14

2003 - Colorado 42, CSU 35

So actually 8 of the last 10 have been played at a neutral site. They renewed the rivalry in 1983 and played ten times between then and 1997, with seven of those games being in Boulder. They played six games in Denver and then two "home-and-home" before returning to Denver. Don't question the reference!

Games Played in Denver

So actually 8 of the last 10 have been played at a neutral site. They renewed the rivalry in 1983 and played ten times between then and 1997, with seven of those games being in Boulder. They played six games in Denver and then two "home-and-home" before returning to Denver. Don't question the reference!

Ouch... :jump:

Games Played in Denver

Bowing to your Rocky Mountain knowledge. You win. :thumb:

For the record, I still don't think UC is CU, attendance is a whole different animal, and CSU isn't winning the all-time series. But whatever.

By the way GT, where did WVU play Marshall on Saturday?

Reagardless, big-time little ol' Miami, put 25,000 in a 70,000 seat venue and let the good times roll.