UC and Miami series

Milfordflash

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With games lined up (home and homes) with Va Tech, Ohio State, Oregon State and Oklahoma over the next several years I highly doubt you see another BCS opponent. If Miami is replaced it would be with an equal level non BCS school in a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal...

Okay I'm changing my mind then.

If UC wants to make Miami do a 3 for 1 and if they don't will drop them......I don't mind if it is for another BCS school home and away.

But if it is for another MAC school or similar just for a 3 for 1 deal then I don't like it.

If this was any other MAC school, Kelly would be 100% right (assuming they actually had a winning record against said team). However, its bush to come in and tell your oldest rival that you're too good to play them at their place. The UK/MAC reference is completely invalid. No history there.

As HSSRB said, UC needs to actually look like a BCS team for a while before it big times a school. Even then, it should never big time MU.

Re: playing at PBS: If only 1,000 kids show up at Nippert, how many are going to trek down to PBS?

Whose job will it be to filter Kelly?

OT: I believe UK will doing a return game at Akron in 2009. Why...I don't know.

If I recall correctly, when the contract was signed for the two schools to play, UK would play all the games at their place until the construction of Papa John's Stadium was complete.

PJS opened in 1998, and UK went there.

Kelly may have a legit gripe...but I kind of question the timing of it.

Oldest rivalry west of the Allegheny's is not something you try to change overnight, IMO.

If I recall correctly, when the contract was signed for the two schools to play, UK would play all the games at their place until the construction of Papa John's Stadium was complete.

PJS opened in 1998, and UK went there.

Kelly may have a legit gripe...but I kind of question the timing of it.

Oldest rivalry west of the Allegheny's is not something you try to change overnight, IMO.

The city is talking more about the game today than they have in a long time. I'm pretty sure the timing was calculated and direct. That's Brian Kelly in a nut shell.

Now he better back it up...