Colerain (OH) 77 Clarke Rd. Secondary (Canada) 8

Does Male ever have trouble scheduling games early in the season?

-CF

Oh, I don't know about that. My question was more of a general question of why? I consider Male an elite program in Kentucky but I can't remember them playing a solid out of state program in the past 10 years or so.

Oh, I don't know about that. My question was more of a general question of why? I consider Male an elite program in Kentucky but I can't remember them playing a solid out of state program in the past 10 years or so.

My guess is because they don't feel they have to. Because the KY system doesn't penalize for non-conference/district losses, than teams that would normally get drilled by Male don't mind playing them because it won't hurt their playoff chances.

The opposite is also true. Teams like CovCath, Boone, Ryle, Holmes, and Highlands here in Northern KY play Cincy powers all the time because they KNOW that losing to them won't hurt their playoff seeding at all. It will only make them better or kill them in the process. :ylsuper:

I think you'll see that next year as Colerain takes on a NKY power early in the year. I would LOVE for teams like Male and Manual to play Colerain. The problem is that Colerain really isn't interested in traveling to Louisville to return the game due to cost. That kind of puts a damper on things.

-CardinalsFan