Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Illinois assistant joins Gillispie’s UK staff

Featured Replies

While I like the hire, you have to be a little concerned with the two big misses...

 

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I like the hire, you have to be a little concerned with the two big misses...
Illinois fans blame most of their recruiting woes on Bruce Weber ...
Illinois fans blame most of their recruiting woes on Bruce Weber ...

Which is fair. The head coach has to close the deal and Weber has left a lot to be desired there...

While I like the hire, you have to be a little concerned with the two big misses...

It might be a little easier to change those misses into hits at his new job.:p

It might be a little easier to change those misses into hits at his new job.:p

Key word... ;)

I think he will fair better at UK IMO. I believe from a basketball standpoint we have more resources than Illinios. If he fits the bill of a tireless recruiter then it should pay off.

While I like the hire, you have to be a little concerned with the two big misses...

Is that more of an indictment on Webster or Bruce Weber?

I say Weber, because as it is with all recruitment, the assistants do the legwork and get the prospect set up for the head coach to make the closing deal.

Weber has been in on a lot of prospects but never closed deals.

 

Joe Dooley sets them up for Bill Self...Self closes deals.

Steve Robinson and company set them up for Roy W, and RW closes deals.

Wojo sets it all up for Coach K.

Mick for Pitino

Mick for Huggins

Gillispie for Self

Felton for Tubby

Pastner for Lute

Anthony Grant for Donovan

 

You need assistants to help build those relationships and then the head coach at the in-home, or visits and brings the hammer.

 

Now many head coaches handle things themselves, but ultimately the head coach has to bring home.

He lost two five stars. In the end that's what will determine his future. If the hire is just for Miller there is smoke and no fire...

Miller or not they have an experienced coach with contacts to a very fertile area and has developed relationships with kids 08 and beyond.

While I like the hire, you have to be a little concerned with the two big misses...

 

Easy to swing and miss at Illinois...and everyone misses out on 5-stars every year...I think this hire brings the window down under 7 years until UK is good again...:D

Easy to swing and miss at Illinois...and everyone misses out on 5-stars every year...I think this hire brings the window down under 7 years until UK is good again...:D

Now you're just stretching the story for fun. Slightly outside the FF in a 5 year window was hardly a slam on the coach I told everyone they wanted before they fell in love with him... :p

Is that more of an indictment on Webster or Bruce Weber?

I say Weber, because as it is with all recruitment, the assistants do the legwork and get the prospect set up for the head coach to make the closing deal.

Weber has been in on a lot of prospects but never closed deals.

 

Joe Dooley sets them up for Bill Self...Self closes deals.

Steve Robinson and company set them up for Roy W, and RW closes deals.

Wojo sets it all up for Coach K.

Mick for Pitino

Mick for Huggins

Gillispie for Self

Felton for Tubby

Pastner for Lute

Anthony Grant for Donovan

 

You need assistants to help build those relationships and then the head coach at the in-home, or visits and brings the hammer.

 

Now many head coaches handle things themselves, but ultimately the head coach has to bring home.

I guess you missed post 18...

Now you're just stretching the story for fun. Slightly outside the FF in a 5 year window was hardly a slam on the coach I told everyone they wanted before they fell in love with him... :p

 

I was comfortable with either Billy from the start...and only those two...

 

UK will be ranked in the top 10 in 07-08...

UK will be ranked in the top 10 in 07-08...

I don't doubt them getting there at some point this season...

Which contradicts post #12

Did I say very concerned or alarmed? No. I simply said there is a small amount of concern over it. And if there isn't, you're sticking your head in the sand...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.