Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Many points does BG need to score to be in position to beat Trinity?

Featured Replies

I know, just one more that Trinity... But in all reality, How many points is BG capable of scoring on this Trinity Defense? I saw on here where one reported that a T coach said that this may be the best Rock defense ever.... Wow, thats a very lofty statement considering that Defense has been the staple of Rock football for 30 + years. I understand that T has a lot of talented LB's and D linemen, just don't see this group giving up multiple TD's to BG. I would not be surprised if it is a shut out....

 

 

:scared:

The Purples wil have to score 35 to keep it close.

The Purples wil have to score 35 to keep it close.

I look for the Purples to give the ground game to the Rocks and try and keep the O from scoring quick with the passing game long drives eat time. The Purples will have to use some well balanced play calling to both score and use time. That said BG would have to score 21pts in the first three quarters to keep it close with another 7 in the fourth for a victory as I know T can score that much with our running game. It will take 28pts plus a whale of an effort from the Purple D. Good luck to both teams. Gooooo Rocksssssss

Before everyone starts using the "this may be Trinity's best defense in 20 years" quote, please remember that this was said by a former coach. He was complimenting the current players and coaches. I don't think that any current coaches would make that statement. This defensive unit looks like they may be very good later in the season but it's way too early to make really bold claims. GO ROCKS!!!

  • Author

^ I trust that this statement was made by a very well respected former coach.

How is The rocks passing game this year? i know that they have a solid running Game in Tim Phillips(sp?) Just wondering about the pass being that Petrino is off to college.

In respect to Trinity since I have seen them in the past, BG couldn't score enough. Trinity like all of the other powerhouses in Kentucky never quits. They could be down by 3 TD's in the 4th and win by 7. I would suggest not to take any chances and the clock will be a factor in this one. Whoever can control the clock holds the key to wrapping this one up. It's early in the season and remember, all state champs have had a hiccup sometime early in their season, though they have not all costed them a W, still have had peaks and valleys. Good luck to both teams.

Clearly no such number. When was the last time Trinity lost to a Kentucky team that wasn't St.X?

Clearly no such number. When was the last time Trinity lost to a Kentucky team that wasn't St.X?

2004.

Not of matter of points but how long they need to keep the ball

^ I trust that this statement was made by a very well respected former coach.

 

You are correct. The former well respected coach that said it has ties to X, but I'm betting that you already knew that.

Before everyone starts using the "this may be Trinity's best defense in 20 years" quote, please remember that this was said by a former coach. . This defensive unit looks like they may be very good later in the season but it's way too early to make really bold claims. GO ROCKS!!!

 

I saw the high school preview on the Courier journal website and saw the 2 prospects from Bowling Green. 6-5 and 6-6 are BIG targets. On a jump ball situation in the end zone, that is tough to defend. I know size and height isn't everything but I am curious to how tall are T's DBs?

2004.

 

Oh so long ago! :thumb: Don't think they'll lose in this one either.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.