Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Elk Are Here

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome animal! Did you take that photo and if so, where? I have a couple of photos of some elk cows and calves taken with my trail cam.

  • Author

Yes, I was visiting a freind in south eastern ky. Big herd of them, awesome to see. Too bad I didnt get drawn in the lottery this year.

Which county? Excellent photo, btw.

Id love to have one of those stuffed and mounted over my fireplace.

Amen brother!

Id love to have one of those stuffed and mounted over my fireplace.

:thumb: That would be great. I would also like to have the backstrap sizzling on the grill.

:thumb: That would be great. I would also like to have the backstrap sizzling on the grill.

:thumb: :thumb: That is what we hunt for...............the wonderful wild game meals, beats any "store bought" beef anywhere. JMO

:thumb: :thumb: That is what we hunt for...............the wonderful wild game meals, beats any "store bought" beef anywhere. JMO

 

Elk meat tastes AMAZING! It doesn't have that "wild" taste that deer meat has and it doesn't have the fatty taste of beef! I wish I had gotten drawn for the hunt this year!

Elk meat tastes AMAZING! It doesn't have that "wild" taste that deer meat has and it doesn't have the fatty taste of beef! I wish I had gotten drawn for the hunt this year!

I have never tried Elk but all that I have heard is basically what you just said.:thumb:

I've heard of several sighting, in EKY and around Letcher/Pike area, from different sources.

Nice picture, I would love to elk hunt, I hope that herd continues to grow.

Elk meat tastes AMAZING! It doesn't have that "wild" taste that deer meat has and it doesn't have the fatty taste of beef! I wish I had gotten drawn for the hunt this year!

 

 

I've never had any kind of meat such as deer, elk, moose etc. Id try it but everytime I have an opportunity to do so I chicken out. Im afraid it would just taste "different."

I've never had any kind of meat such as deer, elk, moose etc. Id try it but everytime I have an opportunity to do so I chicken out. Im afraid it would just taste "different."

I would urge you to try it, I enjoy any wild game much more than any domestic beef, poultry, etc.. Steps can be taken to remove what some call a "wild taste" to venison ad the like. I personally like this different taste as long as it is not too strong. Marinades and different seasoning (garlic, onion,etc.) of the meat can take care of a lot of that.

Another huge plus to venison/ wild game is that it is much more healthy, there is little to no fat on it, is very lean. Full of protien with little to no fat and very good tasting - you can't go wrong :thumb: .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.