How much weight do BGP members give the AP Polls???

I think the voters in the AP Poll are saddled with a heavy task because most (if not all) of the people voting generally cover one area of the state and it is nearly impossible for them to be well informed on teams from all areas of KY.

On the other hand, I really like both the Cantrall and LIT ratings even though they both use a "magic number" to get started each year.

Guru, not trying to be funny,and this question may sound dumb, but what's a "magic number"?:confused:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree and disagree with what you say about the AP Pollsters, Guru. It is in fact very difficult for one to keep up to date especially if say you are the Voter from Paducah, when the opposite side if the state is 6 hours away.
I know the voter from Paducah ... believe me, he keeps up with the entire state.

Guru, not trying to be funny,and this question may sound dumb, but what's a "magic number"?:confused:

Do I really have to explain that again? In very short, all the teams have to be assigned a magic number (human rating/ranking) and then using the magic number and the game scores the Cantrall and LIT ratings are determined by a computer program.