Owen County 30 Brossart 6

Birdsfan

You can't win them all. Much better than expected, however the squad should not get comfortable with moral victories. Welcome the challenge and long road ahead.

I'd disagree. This team has to know what they're up against. I have no problems with moral victories in this situation.

Game was a little closer than the final score indicated, and was far from the "Blowout", "Owen will set records tonight", "JV will play by the 3rd quarter" predictions I saw on the other thread!! 6-0 Owen at the half, and they handled the line of scrimmage pretty much in the 2nd half. BB did a good job of holding onto the ball in the 1st half, but had about 4 turnovers in the 2nd half; one particularly damaging one as they were driving at about the 15 yard line down only 12-0. Owen took that turnover and drove it down for a 18-0 lead, and it was pretty much over.

Didn't see much of the Owen JV's, and their starting QB was in until the end. BB's obviously got a lot to work on, but had some bright spots, including a couple of fine catches, including the TB catch. Couple of key injuries for Brossart, so hopefully they aren't too bad. I'm sure Mustang will have a report, as he broadcast the game on a tape-delay basis!!

Brossart's first venture into varsity football a 30-6 loss to Owen County.

Mustangs trailed 6-0 at the half and were victimized by big plays, turnover, and a couple of key injuries in the second half.

Will try again next week at Louisville Shawnee.

You can't win a championship in one week, you can't build a tradition in a year. Football takes time. I think the most important thing at this point is imbedding that "Mustang Attitude"... - Hard nosed, leave it all on the field attitude. Congrats Owen Co. But more importantly, congrats Mustangs, your paving the road for the improvement of Bishop Brossart High School.

On a side note, I wish this was done about 9 or 10 years ago. The athletes were there to do it, the funding probably wasn't.

This was no way a "moral victory."

I think that our guys expect more of themselves and will continue to work to improve. They were disappointed with the result and know that they can do a better job in the future.

We played the best part of the second half without Stortz, Harris, and the entire game without Richardson.

In order for us to be consistently competitive we will need to stay healthy, avoid the big plays, and do a much better job of open field tackling.

You can't win a championship in one week, you can't build a tradition in a year. Football takes time. I think the most important thing at this point is imbedding that "Mustang Attitude"... - Hard nosed, leave it all on the field attitude. Congrats Owen Co. But more importantly, congrats Mustangs, your paving the road for the improvement of Bishop Brossart High School.

On a side note, I wish this was done about 9 or 10 years ago. The athletes were there to do it, the funding probably wasn't.

There would have been some kids with interesting decisions to make in the last few years had football been an option, let alone an established one!! I'd have loved to have seen some of the '05 and '07 Mustang hoopsters give football a try?? BBHS had a lot of great potential football talent pass through the doors the last 9 or 10 years!!

There would have been some kids with interesting decisions to make in the last few years had football been an option, let alone an established one!! I'd have loved to have seen some of the '05 and '07 Mustang hoopsters give football a try?? BBHS had a lot of great potential football talent pass through the doors the last 9 or 10 years!!

I know there were plenty of kids with really good size/weight that would have made really good football players in that school that never even got to play a sport for Brossart.

I guess this may take away from the Brossart retreat football games. I know we (2000) beat the Brossart retreat staff with ease that year. There was a good core that had already played football through the grade school years that wanted to play in high school, but never got that chance. But I guess you could say we made up for it with "other" memories...;)

I know there were plenty of kids with really good size/weight that would have made really good football players in that school that never even got to play a sport for Brossart.

I guess this may take away from the Brossart retreat football games. I know we (2000) beat the Brossart retreat staff with ease that year. There was a good core that had already played football through the grade school years that wanted to play in high school, but never got that chance. But I guess you could say we made up for it with "other" memories...;)

Rupp and an A State Championship are pretty good memories.

I knew as soon as BBHS started a football program this would happen.....no one knows what would have happened. Let it go!!!

Just like when BBHS had the great group in Basketball and lost to Bracken Co., or win they had the group that was supposed to win the 10th Region in baseball (didn't make it out of the district, two years in a row)....you just never knew, so don't speculate on it, especially since it is in the past and no matter what you can't change it.

BBHS has the athletes to do it now.....and I truly feel in a year or two they'll be where they need to be.....it takes time. For years they have lost kids from the feeder schools to schools with Football programs, such as, NCC, CC, Highlands, CovCath....once those numbers start to decrease is when you'll really see a difference, and I am sure it will take time, but it will happen eventually.

But please stop living in the past and stop posting the "What if's" and "It could have been's". It didn't happen, end of story!!

Cheer on the kids who are playing NOW.....Nice 1st varsity game performance MUSTANGS....good luck the rest of the year!