Highlands 49 Ryle 21

Birdsfan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Game was never really close. Ryle couldn't comeplete a pass to save their lives.... Highlands has good speed and seem to play together as a team. But they don't have the studs they have had the past few years. Fitzgerald was solid on D. Highlands had a lot of procedure problems today and Conner has to hold onto the ball.

First time I watched HHS this year. It appears they have a way to go on D to even be mentioned in the same breath as the 04 team. Promising though.

Maybe it was just the view on the webcast but I sure didn't sense a lot of enthusiasm on the Birds' part. Heat related?

First time I watched HHS this year. It appears they have a way to go on D to even be mentioned in the same breath as the 04 team. Promising though.

Maybe it was just the view on the webcast but I sure didn't sense a lot of enthusiasm on the Birds' part. Heat related?

This is a very interesting point (Being discussed in the other thread). I bet heat was a mjor contributing factor, but still not even a pat on the head?

Game was never really close. Ryle couldn't comeplete a pass to save their lives.... Highlands has good speed and seem to play together as a team. But they don't have the studs they have had the past few years. Fitzgerald was solid on D. Highlands had a lot of procedure problems today and Conner has to hold onto the ball.

No Studs :lol: I would say they have several studs. Josh Conner is a stud, basically ran all over the Ryle Raiders. Cecil is a stud, played well and the guys on the line did very well Stein, Ball and Hempfling. Zach Hurtt is a stud, they ahve several studs but you are right, they play well as a unit.

I think the heat had a lot to do with slickness of ball (sweating profusely) and also the illegal procedures. Mental mistakes when the inside of your helmet is 180 degrees and you cant think straight.

Overall a nice win for the Birds. I thought they went to Gudugli too soon in the 3rd qtr and that kind of killed their momentum. If Cecil starts the 2nd half they roll this one up late in the 3rd qtr. I will say Ryle never quit and made a couple nice drives there with Benke and Eubanks. They really miss their studs from last year in GRay and the Murray.

Birds need to get those mental mistakes corrected and cut down on the turnovers and start preparing for the Trotwood Studs. Now they have some STUDS : )

No Studs :lol: I would say they have several studs. Josh Conner is a stud, basically ran all over the Ryle Raiders. Cecil is a stud, played well and the guys on the line did very well Stein, Ball and Hempfling. Zach Hurtt is a stud, they ahve several studs but you are right, they play well as a unit.

I think the heat had a lot to do with slickness of ball (sweating profusely) and also the illegal procedures. Mental mistakes when the inside of your helmet is 180 degrees and you cant think straight.

Overall a nice win for the Birds. I thought they went to Gudugli too soon in the 3rd qtr and that kind of killed their momentum. If Cecil starts the 2nd half they roll this one up late in the 3rd qtr. I will say Ryle never quit and made a couple nice drives there with Benke and Eubanks. They really miss their studs from last year in GRay and the other kid whose name has slipped my mind. AWesome LB and RB.....Rats...anyway. Go Birds, start preparing for Trotwood because that will be the toughest game of the year no doubt about it.

Conner is not a Mike Mitchell or anything. He fumbled what 3 times tonight? They will compete fine in NKY but against the big boys I don't see them having any kind of advantage they have had in the past. I don't see them having a lot if any really successful D-1 athletes out there this year.

Conner is not a Mike Mitchell or anything. He fumbled what 3 times tonight? They will compete fine in NKY but against the big boys I don't see them having any kind of advantage they have had in the past. I don't see them having a lot if any really successful D-1 athletes out there this year.

I'll give you they dont have a Mike Mitchell but it was their 1st game and they do have a few guys that are 3 yr starters in Hurtt and STein and as the year progresses you will see them shine. Stein will be more the D-1 caliber player simply due to size but Hurtt has deceptive speed and nice size and the Birds play well as a unit so that also helps.

I see what you were saying though on the D-1 type studs showng up tonight. I still think the heat played a huge role in enthusiasm and the boys will definitely sleep well tomorrow.

Also, you can write this down, they will win every KY School they play and be playing for a State Championship in December. Trotwood is the only team that worries me.

Hold on now. In your previous post you implied that due to a lack of D1 athletes that they will not be able to compete outside of NKY.

Before you go off on a rampage i'm gonna calm you down. HHS is well known to be pretty much one of the top teams in NKY. I feel again they will be this year. But Ryle did not have the personel to expose them like other really good teams will.

Before you go off on a rampage i'm gonna calm you down. HHS is well known to be pretty much one of the top teams in NKY. I feel again they will be this year. But Ryle did not have the personel to expose them like other really good teams will.

What will good teams expose? enlighten us. It was their first game for heaven sake. They scored 49 pts and could have scored 60 if they wanted to. If Conners doesnt fumble so much the Raiders might be held to 1 lone touchdown against many 2nd teamers on Birds squad.